This ain’t my first rodeo...

Options
Bitajane
Bitajane Posts: 3 Member
I’ve been on MFP since 2011 and according to my calculations, I’ve lost the same 5-10 lbs about 16 times. This time is proving a little harder due to my advanced age of 47. I’m also blaming the tamoxifen I’m on for the breast cancer I had two years ago. So I’ve been a little woeful the last few weeks because I should have lost the 5 lbs already dammit!! I’m logging everything, I have my carbs set at as low as I can mentally stand (25%), I’ve switched up my workouts to include more strength training and different kinds of cardio, I’m intermittent fasting and only eating between 10am and 6pm, and I finally lost 1 lb yesterday after 9 days of no improvement. I feel like I’m doing everything right and I feel like my clothes are fitting a little better (but I did buy some new ones so who knows). It’s never been this slow or difficult before:/ Help!

Replies

• NSthingoldline
    NSthingoldline Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I hate the scale, mostly because it CANNOT accurately measure your fat loss due to muscle gain. I rely on measurements and how my clothes fit. If you focus on the numbers on the scale, you will always feel like you are failing. You've got this!
    *oh, and I'm 45...47 isn't advanced! LOL
  • judswi
    judswi Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I hear you I am back again too. I first joined in 2010 and lost a lot of weight and I have been back a couple time now I came back again 4/1/19! I just turned 70 and it is a lot harder now but I am determined to lose 30 lbs. Wish us luck!!

• Bitajane
    Bitajane Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just need to lean into it and stop being bitter about living a healthy life. I need to think about it as doing something nice for my body instead of feeling resentful over the lack of chips and queso in my life.
    We can do this!
    (Off to have my snack of a mahi mahi patty and some salad greens. Yay.)
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    Stop wasting mental energy on things that don't really matter, unless you find that they're tactics that actually make adherence easier, e.g., low carb and your eating window. Are you weighing your food?
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    few weeks as in two? weight loss is a marathon not a sprint. you didn't put on the weight in a few weeks you need to give it more time. with 5-10lbs you should be doing 0.5lb/week rate of loss.

if you added or increased exercise your muscles may be retaining water masking loss.

are you using a food scale?

try embracing practices and habits NOW to maintain when you are at goal weight. don't cut out things now you plan to bring back as soon as you hit goal. there is no need to go low carb to lose weight. certainly not to the point of being unhappy with your food