Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Postpartum

Looking for some mom friends who are also postpartum (I’m 9 months out and just stopped breastfeeding).

Replies

• sphaley15
    sphaley15 Posts: 1 Member
    I will have a 10 month old this month. We are still nursing.
  • bionicpuffy
    bionicpuffy Posts: 93 Member
    Me too! I’m only 5 weeks out.
  • raylenef5379
    raylenef5379 Posts: 1 Member
    I have 7 month old now! She is still nursing.
  • re3tz
    re3tz Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2019
    Same! My LO is about to be 11 months old and I’m still nursing. Has anyone used this app before pregnancy? I did and I’m amazed at the fact that my daily calorie goal is 300 kcals higher and that I’m still starving. I know we have to eat more when nursing but I wish this app accounted for it so we (I) can make sure we’re (I’m) only eating what we (I) really need to shed the extra weight while keeping our milk. [ok getting off soap box - somehow this turned into a speech of sorts (sorry) lol]
  • bionicpuffy
    re3tz wrote: »
    Same! My LO is about to be 11 months old and I’m still nursing. Has anyone used this app before pregnancy? I did and I’m amazed at the fact that my daily calorie goal is 300 kcals higher and that I’m still starving. I know we have to eat more when nursing but I wish this app accounted for it so we (I) can make sure we’re (I’m) only eating what we (I) really need to shed the extra weight while keeping our milk. [ok getting off soap box - somehow this turned into a speech of sorts (sorry) lol]

I have used this app off and on pre-pregnancy. Personally, I use it more of a guideline and log than a precise calculator. Breastfeeding can burn anywhere from 200-500 calories a day, depending on various factors. I try and stay close to my TDEE within that 200-500 range.

If you’re feeling very hungry, I would recommend looking at what you eat first - are you getting enough protein, fiber, and healthy fats? Are you eating high cal but nutritionally weak foods? Basically my advice is: eat, log it, and see if you are still losing fat, make adjustments as necessary and try not to get too caught up in exacting details.
  • bionicpuffy
    Also, I'm looking for another new mama (like me!) who would be interested in motivational messaging- meaning, we'd send each other 1x-2x weekly messages about our progress, set backs, etc. LMK if anyone here is interested! My daily diary is open to all friends.
  • loveyduvyemt
    loveyduvyemt Posts: 58 Member
    Baby just turned 9 months and I'll be stopping pumping soon! Really wanna lose the rest of this baby weight! Motivating moms wanted!
  • mamallama606
    mamallama606 Posts: 10 Member
    7 months out and still breastfeeding and hanging onto 20 lbs of postpartum weight. Looking for some mama buddies to keep me accountable to try and finally let go of that weight and get in shape again!