Measurement Conversions

Options
jesssa80
jesssa80 Posts: 2 Member
Hi,
I've just signed up on this and was wondering if someone might be able to help me with how to convert the oz. measurement to grams or litres - we use different measurements in Australia and it will just make it easier for entry

Replies

• jesssa80
    jesssa80 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Meaning is there a setting control I can do this with
  • l_s_1
    l_s_1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Following to find out how as well. Don't use oz or cups.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure there isn't one. Use Google or any other means to convert between oz (as in the weight, not fluid oz) and grams or fluid oz and liters. I do it on a regular basis.
  • zeroxray
    zeroxray Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I wish they could add weight. it'd be easier to measure serving size going forward.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    zeroxray wrote: »
    I wish they could add weight. it'd be easier to measure serving size going forward.

Most of the database is user submitted which is why everything is all over the place. It's also why it's good to cross check items with their packaging or databases like the USDA's nutrition database.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Many scales have a button you can push to change the unit. Many entries in the database have an arrow you can click to change the unit. If one entry doesn't have it, try another one that will. Or Google, and keep a little chart in your kitchen that lists your most common conversions.
  • l_s_1
    l_s_1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Google broke??? or............ ???

Why should I have to Google everything beforehand?? The app is meant to make things easier for filling in not spend twice as long cause I have to Google everything.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    l_s_1 wrote: »
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Google broke??? or............ ???

Why should I have to Google everything beforehand?? The app is meant to make things easier for filling in not spend twice as long cause I have to Google everything.

Because once you enter it in it'll go to your favorite foods list and you won't have to again. With time you just know. I have a cookbook with the conversions in the back and sometimes use that. I also search the entries until I find one in grams--looking at you eggs and bananas (people like to use sm, m, large, which is so inaccurate). Don't get frustrated, it just takes patience in the beginning. The food data base is a disaster, but it's free.
  • delaneyweides
    delaneyweides Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    When you go to put in your food item it will say how much in a serving and or how many servings and you can change the type of oz or gram or lb or cup normally and then if I can’t customize it more with that I change the serving to fit my needs perfectly
  • Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Im in the US, and still use metric for my own recipies.
    If you log in one portion as 100g, then any variation in size you serve yourself is very easy math.
    Anyway
    1oz=29g
    1lb=454g
    Always use weight, not volume (unless measuring actual liquids)
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    When you search the data base, add "g" or "ml" to your search term. That will help a bit, then all you need to do is find an actually correct entry, which can be a pain at times.