Need To Get More Serious -- 50ish Pounds To Lose-- Add Me As A Friend!

Options
My name is Chrissie and I am here to finally lose weight. Last year, I lost 60 pounds. I have maintained that loss, but I want to get to losing the rest of the weight which is, at least, 40 more.
About me... let's see... I am the editor of a large entertainment website. I also blog on many different websites on the internet. I have two teens, who live at home with me and three kids that I don't share custody of with my ex.
I am getting married to the most amazing man I have ever met next year. He's my rock and I love him so much. Our wedding is what is driving my weight loss efforts now.
For exercise, I like to hike and do outdoor stuff since I live in AZ.
Let's see, my struggle is drinking alcohol and diet coke. I know I don't drink enough water. And, I probably eat too much sodium. But I am here trying and I will crack this weight loss code :)
I'd love for anyone to add me as a buddy here. I decided to delete all social media but this one and Pinterest. :)

Replies

• chrissietiny
    chrissietiny Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I think you might have missed the part that I said I'm engaged and in love. Some people don't take that serious, but I do.

Thanks!
  • mjtaylor2088
    mjtaylor2088 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new to and trying to lose weight & excerise at home thou....would like a friend or 2 on MFP..
  • alsunrise
    alsunrise Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I'm sending you a request immediately, you're response there sealed the deal. :D I have two kids, a 15 yr old son and a 11 yr old daughter. I was doing pretty good last year trying to lose weight and then my daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes and well..... my diet isn't the priority any more. Hers has to be, but it's time for me to at least put myself 2nd again. I'd also like to lose about 50, but I'd be satisfied with 35-40 lbs. Pepsi is my addiction, so my first step is to try cut back on it and increase my water. :p

Anyone else is welcome to add me also.
  • mbarkitek
    mbarkitek Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I need to get more serious also.
    I am 34, my wife is pregnant with our second kid, and I find myself unable to walk up a hill without getting tired.
    and I NEED TO DO SOMETHING.

I started this last month and lost ZERO weight. Hardly tried.
    I am going sugar free as much as possible, which is a huge part of my diet.

I wish I could commit to minimal alcohol, but I love it so much. ha.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Hey there,
    If you'd like to be part of a regular conversation, you might also take a look at the Fat2Fit group here on MFP. We have a weekly weigh-in that gets tallied as part of the team you are on (there are 5 teams). We also encourage (though don't require) daily check-ins (how are you doing as against your plan for food, water, exercise?), and there's plenty of supportive conversation, with people sharing victories, challenges, ideas. Check it out here:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10741448/may-fat2fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group-registration-page#latest
  • alsunrise
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain The thread for May registration has already closed :/
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    @alsunrise - Darn it! I thought you had until tomorrow. You might message @Navydaddjtc . If nothing else, you can get put on a team in the cheering section for May. You get to be part of the conversation that way. The difference is that your weigh-in wouldn't count in the weekly team tally.
  • alsunrise
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain I sent him a message, hopefully he'll let me hang out in the background ;)
  • RaquelV2019
    RaquelV2019 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a request. I’m new and need to lose 50 pounds. I’m just not motivated enough because at 38 it takes longer for me to lose weight than it did in my 20s.