i feel like i'm blagging people but that's what a forum's fo

Options
What time would you say is the appropriate time to stop eating at night? because i know you're not supposed to eating anything a certain amount of hours before you go to sleep but i have no idea how many hours!

x x x x x x

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'm stuck at blagging....

This sounds like a word one would use in Ireland.
  • AliciaJade93
    AliciaJade93 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Nope, i'm welsh :D
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I try really hard not to eat anything after 7 because I got to bed between 9 and 10. I really can't stop eating before that because sometimes I don't get home from work until 6:30. It doesn't always work, but I try.
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I have heard you shouldn't eat 3 hours before you go to bed, and when I follow that guideline, I always have good results, so I'd say go with it. :)
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    It has never caused an issue for me no matter what time I eat. Sometimes I'll eat my dessert at 8 sometimes 10. Like I said, it has never made a difference.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Nope, i'm welsh :D

HA! I knew it had to come from somewhere other than Milwaukee, Wisconsin :):laugh:
  • jen1jen1jen1
    jen1jen1jen1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I believe it (probably because I love eating in the evening) but I heard no caffeine for 4 hours before bed and no food for 3. I couldn't hack it!
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    That is a myth.
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I eat until I get my 1200 in.....even if it is an hour before bedtime.....
  • Kristhin
    Kristhin Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    A long time ago I went on a diet where I never ate anything after 5pm and I lose a good amount of weight and I lost it quick.
    I'm too lazy to do that lately though.
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Research isn't nearly so settled on time of day for adults and eating as it is for children. Research does support children not eating before bed, but for adults the literature is mixed to say the least. Personally, I do not eat "breakfast" before noon, because it does not agree with me, so my "dinner" is Usually around 8-10 pm. I try to go to bed by 11:00.
  • chantel14
    chantel14 Posts: 128
    Options
    Haha, I just had to figure out what blagging meant :)-
  • Jdine
    Jdine Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It does not matter as long as you are under your calorie goal at the end of the day.. I eat a meal high in protein right before bed so my body can has fuel to repair itself while I fast during sleep.
  • AliciaJade93
    Options
    Oh ok :) i might leave it at 3 hours cause i don't go to bed till midnight anyways so i can still eat at 9! haha :) i just wont eat anything stupid, like cake, since i'm trying to be healthy haha :D

thank you guys :D
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    i've found if you eat at 3 pm, or 11, doesnt matter.
    personal preference to me to eat at 6:30 or so, no matter when i go to sleep
  • AliciaJade93
    Options
    HA! I knew it had to come from somewhere other than Milwaukee, Wisconsin :) laugh
    Haha :D yeaaaah, i have no idea where it comes from, weird how we can change out vocabulary so often without realizing! :L
  • rfcollins33
    Options
    That is a myth.

I used to think differently, but now I agree with this!!
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I dont really pay attention to that. I mean, I wouldnt want to have a huge meal right before I hop in bed, but I NEVER have my last snack until everything in my house is done, kids are aseep and I am getting in bed....That is when I fully enjoy my treat!
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    That is a myth.

This.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    You don't have to worry about how close or far from bedtime you eat. Not at all...complete myth.