Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Calculating the milk!

Hi,. At the moment I just add 300 ml sem - skimmed milk each day...in which I have teas coffees. I may have about 8 a day.. I was wondering if it would be better to add everytime I had tea/coffee separately.. Any ideas?? If yes how much should I calculator each beverages with no sugar?
Thanks

Replies

• kdbulger
    kdbulger Posts: 396 Member
    I just use a tbps measure (15ml I believe?) to measure each time I have a coffee or tea. Then I log it.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,636 Member
    Is 300ml a guess, or measured out, or weighed?

It doesn't matter when you add the milk to your diary (all at once or as you go along). But it certainly can matter if you guess at the amount of milk, and guess wrong.

Personally, I dump my milk in a glass measuring cup (the type for liquids), then into my coffee cup, so I use a known amount each time.

Another option would be to put some in a measuring cup first drink in the AM, use a bit, put it in the fridge, and pour out of it all day. At end of day, record the net amount used.

Or, when you make coffee/tea, put your cup on your food scale, zero (tare) the scale, sploosh some milk in the cup, note the weight, and add to MFP by weight.

Any way of accurately logging the amount of milk will work fine.
  • smellymichelle
    smellymichelle Posts: 14 Member
    Yes it is a guess!! However from tomorrow I will take your advice and measure it out in the morning and put it in the fridge
    Thanks
  • nooboots
    nooboots Posts: 480 Member
    Hi,. At the moment I just add 300 ml sem - skimmed milk each day...in which I have teas coffees. I may have about 8 a day.. I was wondering if it would be better to add everytime I had tea/coffee separately.. Any ideas?? If yes how much should I calculator each beverages with no sugar?
    Thanks

I put on half a pint, which I presume covers me for my cups of tea. Do you like builders tea or are you like me and a bit free with the sloshing in?
  • Silent_Soliloquy
    Silent_Soliloquy Posts: 237 Member
    I make tea all day ... for me i weigh my day's "allowance" of sugar then ration it until it's gone.

It keeps me from using 4 ounces of sugar a day... cause i literally would otherwise.
  • smellymichelle
    Thanks for your information!! Very much appreciate!!
  • smellymichelle
    As I was guessing I believe I put a little bit too much.. however today I've decided to measure it!!
  • smellymichelle
    kdbulger wrote: »
    I just use a tbps measure (15ml I believe?) to measure each time I have a coffee or tea. Then I log it.

Thanks for the input... Today when I was at work I decided to do what you did..15ml each time I had a tea at work... And the rest is in the fridge at home!!
    😀
  • smcurtis1981
    smcurtis1981 Posts: 53 Member
    I was shocked when I measured how much milk went into each of my cups of tea - it’s about 80mls! It sure adds up the calories at that amount.
  • smellymichelle
    Yes I was under measuring the milk calories! it's really surprising how a little bit of milk end up being a lot of milk at the end
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,636 Member
    Yes I was under measuring the milk calories! it's really surprising how a little bit of milk end up being a lot of milk at the end

Thanks for reporting back: It's always interesting to see what someone figures out, after asking for advice here! :flowerforyou: