WW is where it's at for me!

Options
I can't find my original WW post so I had to start a new one. Just wanted to say I've finally found a way to lose weight, and it's WW! So far, in less than two weeks, I've lost almost 7 lbs! And I already feel better. WW makes it so easy to decide what you want to eat every day to stay within your points. :) Next week I plan to be back in a ten pound range I haven't seen in about 4 years! :D

Replies

• mike_rom
    mike_rom Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I did WW to lose my initial "extra" weight. It really is a great program if you track everything and stick with it!It totally changed how I eat
  • laurieldl08
    laurieldl08 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I’m loving WW however, I find myself wanting to snack during the day when I’m at work.
  • mike_rom
    mike_rom Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    echmain3 wrote: »
    So why are you on MFP?

Doesn’t WW have its own forums?

Not really, more just pictures and stuff. WW app or "connect" as they call it is pretty lame!
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I learned a lot when I did WW in the past. It changed how I looked at food and helped guide me toward nutritional goals that have served me well. I regained weight after another pregnancy and didn’t bother to lose it afterward. So, now I’ve incorporated what I learned through WW several years ago but count calories instead of points.
  • springsweet
    springsweet Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I learned a lot when I did WW in the past. It changed how I looked at food and helped guide me toward nutritional goals that have served me well. I regained weight after another pregnancy and didn’t bother to lose it afterward. So, now I’ve incorporated what I learned through WW several years ago but count calories instead of points.

That's great! :) Thanks for sharing. :)
    I’m loving WW however, I find myself wanting to snack during the day when I’m at work.

I just try to plan ahead with healthy and/or zero point foods to snack on at work. Does that not work for you?

mike_rom wrote: »
    I did WW to lose my initial "extra" weight. It really is a great program if you track everything and stick with it!It totally changed how I eat
    I agree, it is a great program and easy to follow. :) I needed uncomplicated.

To the rest of you, I got nothing. Was just trying to share my excitement that something finally worked for ME.
  • springsweet
    edited May 2019
    Options
    So why are you on MFP?

Doesn’t WW have its own forums?

Because I've been a member here for like 5+ years, while I've steadily gained more and more weight.
    Yeah, WW does have its own forums, so I'll just stick to those since the people there are actually supportive of success unlike here apparently.

I wanted to post this because I've *kitten* and moaned on here so much for so long. Now I see what happens when you have a taste of success and *gasp* happiness, however.

I’m not begrudging your success (both weeks of it) but you’re doing so on a *competitor’s* site. Can’t you see that?

Would I go to a Toyota forum and post how much I like Subaru?

I’m not interested in your opinions or analogies.
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Lots of people post here about ww. Lots of people use combinations of approaches. If MFP doesn't have a problem with it why should we?

@springsweet congrats, and I hope it continues to work for you. I think there are some good comments here about initial weight loss and ww evaluations of foods. I think ww has strengths and weaknesses, so does mfp, so does any 'program' or 'diet'. No matter what, it comes down to the choices you make every day, and it sounds like you;re having success with the choices you're making. :)
  • GummiMundi
    GummiMundi Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I've been using MFP since November and I visit the forums daily; maybe I'm very lucky with the threads I read, but I find the overwhelming majority of people here to be extremely supportive. Ah well, different opinions, I guess.

OP, I wish you all the best with WW and I'm glad it's working for you. Peace.
  • springsweet
    Options
    Thanks @its_cleo and @GummiMundi ! 😊 It feels great to finally succeed, if only a little to start!
  • ChristaG10
    ChristaG10 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been on WW for 18 weeks and have lost 33.4 lbs! Something I never thought I could do. It has been a huge game changer for me. Yet I still come on MFP as well from time to time, so just keep doing what works for you!
  • springsweet
    Options
    ChristaG10 wrote: »
    I've been on WW for 18 weeks and have lost 33.4 lbs! Something I never thought I could do. It has been a huge game changer for me. Yet I still come on MFP as well from time to time, so just keep doing what works for you!

That is SO awesome and SO inspiring! Great job!! :)
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I was on ww quite a few years ago....lost my excess weight and kept it off for about 10 years. Then got lazy and gained back quite a few pounds. Started MFP in April and very happy with the results so far. Scale numbers are coming down and I find logging every day keeps me on track. I'm counting calories on MFP but at the back of my mind, I still am thinking about points! Weight watchers is a good program and has been around for many years. Whatever eating plan works for you is the one to stick to. Good luck and hopefully you will still post on here as well.
  • coolcoolman1980
    coolcoolman1980 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Well done