Can't tell if my six/four pack is revealing itself, thoughts?

Options
Hey, I have been working on losing fat and trying to focus on lifting to maintain and grow muscles in this newbie period. However I can't tell if this is belly fat rolls or the beginning of revealing my abs. Let me know what you think. Caliper body fat was 30% and Bioimpedance on renpho said 24%.
I am 5'8" and 252 pounds
j5vqij89mo6j.jpg

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Not abs revealed unless your on anabolic stuff and that would be a side effect.

Revealed abs or the start of are generally in the area of 16% and below for males depending where the carry fat.

• jomarip
    jomarip Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yep, that is why I am asking...
    I feel I carry the weight a little bit lower on my belly, so was curious. Also, I could have just have really deep abdominal lines or whatever, idono. That is why I asked. Especially since there is a big difference between 24% and 30%. Almost as close to 16% as 30%, lol

Is anabolic stuff steroids? If so, no, I only take daily vitamins that can be bought at Costco or any neighborhood store
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Actually I think those are rib lines.
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Thats a hint of two pack under the fat rolls, if you press against it, you can feel it.
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Youre not fat equally everwhere,majority is your lower belly and chest area, the mid section is leanest, dont get me wrong though, youre definitely obese, im just saying though, the leanest part of you is lean enough to show one ab one the right where the fat on top is draped over the muscle and you can see the hint of it.

Look at ithis way, a muscular guy can be dressed up and hide his muscle but you dont need to see him naked to tell hes ripped.

Now what does this all mean? It means you workout but youre definitely obese too, lose more weight while putting in the work and youll get more than one ab.
  • jomarip
    jomarip Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Youre not fat equally everwhere,majority is your lower belly and chest area, the mid section is leanest, dont get me wrong though, youre definitely obese, im just saying though, the leanest part of you is lean enough to show one ab one the right where the fat on top is draped over the muscle and you can see the hint of it.

It means you workout but youre definitely obese too, lose more weight while putting in the work and youll get more than one ab.

Hear hear. This is what I thought, so it is between this and ribcage thought process in my opinion. Loved the answer too. I prefer overweight though, lol. The hard work shall continue. Thanks.

• pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    We all have abs except some of us have them fat wrapped more than others.

Possible to get visible abs sooner than most common BF percentages mentioned. My current BF percentage is likely 18 percent and I can see my abs as my avatar photo shows. It’s a work in progress. I’m not chasing a 6-pack, I’m more interested in my posterior chain.