Looking for Whole Food, Plant-Based Friends on MFP

Options
13»

Replies

• Mom2Maika
    Mom2Maika Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Im so glad this thread was started. I've been reading the book the China Study and have come to realize how important nutrition really is for our body and how. I've adopted a whole food plant based diet for over a month now and have lost weight very easily. It's also extremely satisfying. What's important to me though, is that it helped me stop binge eating on sugar. The sweetness of the fruits and the fullness that whole foods provide did not leave me hungry or craving junk food. This is my new lifestyle and I would love to have new friends who share in this view. :-)
  • RGonVSH
    RGonVSH Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hey all you Whole Food Plant Based members--- I am back after an absence. After my initial post and adding a few friends, I grew frustrated with the MFP platform and how challenging it was for WFPB users. It seemed I had to add everything I cooked as a recipe and trying to track homemade juices was worse than frustrating. So I took a break.

But I am back again, cause I need to community. So, if you want to be friends with another person on the WFPB journey, share recipes or even just encourage each other, please feel friend to add me as a friend. Just mention the WFPB lifestyle in your note and I will be happy to add you.

To add me as a friend; (1) Click on Community (2) Click on Find Member and (3) in the username box add, RGonVSH.

Take care.

Rhonda
  • Sazzdazzle
    Sazzdazzle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I've just come back to MFP today after similar issues with the platform. I cook for my family that consists of 1 vegan, 1 veggie and 2 carnivores - makes for interesting conversations sometimes! Having said that as I'm too lazy to cook multiple meals we all eat vegan most of the time. ;)
    I love to cook and made balsamic roasted mushrooms with herby mashed potato tonight! Happy to share.

See you around
    Sharon
  • ma_bitts
    ma_bitts Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am just finding this message board now. Just stated a whole foods, plant based diet this week. I'm at the beginning of this journey, and the reason I"m doing it is to lose weight (I have abt 90 lbs to lose), but I do feel good about the idea of not eating meat, for humane and green reasons. Would love to have adds.
  • Kfhontherttrack
    Kfhontherttrack Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I’d love to join this group. Are y’all still active? I’m fairly new to WFPB. I’m reading The Plan A Diet by Cyd Notter.
  • misssixtea
    misssixtea Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join this discussion! I was vegan for around 6 months and really enjoyed it, but life took over and it seems really difficult to get going again. Especially as I am catering for lots of others in a household where everyone eats meat, no one likes lentils and I don't like cooking!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,721 Member
    Options
    More current is this group for plant-centric eaters (vegans, vegetarians, plant-centered omnivores):

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/145477-herbivores-of-mfp