Are you asked to be quiet and settle down elsewhere or only at MFP?

newmeadow
newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
I was once scolded by a policeman on detail when I entered a grocery store and uttered a vulgarity when I saw a dirty sticky substance on the bottom of my hand-held carry basket.

Replies

• pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    I tell everyone on mfp to settle down. People are just too wild here. I wear three pairs of pants, two sweaters and a turtleneck, hat, scarf and gloves just so I can feel protected enough to read the chit chat stuff.
  • newmeadow
    I once got yelled at by the Postmaster for rolling my eyes and taking the Lord's name in vain when a trainee mislabeled my overseas package after I stood in line for 45 minutes.
  • pizzamyheart
    I had a priest tell me to simmer down when I jumped up off the pew, ripped open my blouse and yelled “hallelujah”.
  • newmeadow
    I once got a stern talking to in the 4th grade for making up a nickname for the homeroom substitute teacher and yelling it out during recess.
  • pizzamyheart
    The manager at Walmart told me repeatedly that the dressing room wasn’t the bathroom and he’s gonna have to call the police
  • newmeadow
    I once had a preist kick me out of catechism permanently because I broke his chair when I dogpiled on top of it with my classmates.
  • pizzamyheart
    I was told to be quiet when I had to return a book to the library right after lunch at which I had consumed an expired gas station bean burrito
  • newmeadow
    I got kicked out of a bar specializing in a certain subcultural clientele when I attempted entree wearing a fuzzy white sweater and Meredith Baxter Birney trousers.
  • pizzamyheart
    I was asked to leave the auditions for American idol. Evaluate apparently they didn’t feel my interpretation of nude Oprah tap dancing was appropriate.
  • newmeadow
    I was asked to leave the auditions for American idol. Evaluate apparently they didn’t feel my interpretation of nude Oprah tap dancing was appropriate.

Was this when she was size 8 or size 27
  • pizzamyheart
    newmeadow wrote: »

Was this when she was size 8 or size 27

She was size 8, I was size 27. They said I couldn’t file a discrimination law suit because one half of me was Oprah and the other half dr. Phil so idk some legal Mumbo jumbo
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I got reprimanded once, so far on mfp and was quite hurt - I stated something honest about my past and it was a positive change I made.

Not in mfp, but I've been told to "speak up" by people, my whole life

...I "talk too quietly"; "no one knows what I'm thinking"; "defend/explain myself"; "my expression is negative/offensive"; "I don't make sense" (which is kinda often true...I get rattled or felt put on the spot and ramble and basically black out as to what I've said)

...and the worst ever was "use your big girl voice" (I'm soft spoken)
    ...or no, maybe "you sound like a phone sex operator"...that was the worst for someone who is already shy and hates their voice

If it’s worth anything, I love your voice and admired people with soft spoken tones my whole life. The only time someone assumed I was soft spoken was this one time I was so upset that I was mumbling to myself.

Also, when I’m confronted with unexpected confrontation I always think of what I should of said after the fact. In the moment I don’t know what to say and look like an idiot that doesn’t know how to defend myself.
  • Mm2Hh7
    Mm2Hh7 Posts: 1,673 Member
    I tell everyone on mfp to settle down. People are just too wild here. I wear three pairs of pants, two sweaters and a turtleneck, hat, scarf and gloves just so I can feel protected enough to read the chit chat stuff.

😂
  • pizzamyheart
    I’m asked to be quiet when I have brilliant ideas. I am the only one who thinks they are brilliant.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    I'm usually well-behaved. My mother was very big on decorum. And I'm glad she was because some of the behavior I see (from adults) today is absolutely shocking. Nothing sadder than observing a grown adult with bad manners. :ohwell:
  • Stormy_Knight
    Stormy_Knight Posts: 616 Member
    I got the evil eye look once at the public library.
    I got a little excited over the book I was reading.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Never. I am the very model of modern Major General.