Isn't motivation/support a two-way street?

Options
2»

Replies

• NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I think it comes down to time sometimes and the app set up. I use dietbet and I feel like I am a lot more active and get a good sense of support on there than I do here. Mostly because the daily feed is filled with personal stories, goals or pics vs "so-so completed diary" or "did 20 min on treadmill". Thesd things are all great but you dont get much connection to others. Which can make it hard to be helpful past the like button. Just my 2 cents.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,195 Member
    Options
    I guess my issue is that people ask for friends, I friend them to be supportive, and the interactions are one-sided. I've never requested friends in the forums, nor have I demanded support. Maybe I'm talking about common courtesy? Online semi-acquaintance would be a better word to use, but I don't think it's so terrible to accept friend requests from strangers if you think you could support each other or just be kind.

Some people are friend collectors. They just want numbers.
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I guess my issue is that people ask for friends, I friend them to be supportive, and the interactions are one-sided. I've never requested friends in the forums, nor have I demanded support. Maybe I'm talking about common courtesy? Online semi-acquaintance would be a better word to use, but I don't think it's so terrible to accept friend requests from strangers if you think you could support each other or just be kind.

Some people are friend collectors. They just want numbers.

Agree. Not looking for numbers, just people who will respond, even if it is only to like something.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options

One might think the friends feature is still useful for, you know, having friends. Because you like them. Like in real life.

How can I tell if I like them if they don't communicate? Kind of my point.

Go ahead and add them. If you they don't communicate....delete them! I only have a handful of friends on here and it is worth having them. One of them I text with daily!! I don't accept every friend request either. They must leave a message for me to accept them...I ask for that right in my profile.

If you want a friend that will contribute....feel free to add me!!