Help!! Confused 😐

Options
Hi guys ... I’m really struggling here and any advice would b great. I have been counting calories ... I am 27 5ft 2 and weigh 118 I used to weigh 110 and fluctuate between 110-113. I used to do weight watchers for many years and reached my goal weight and then continued to lose when I reached 110 .. I was very happy there but when I was introduced to the fitness pal and started paying attention to calories I realized I was barely eating 1000 calories on weight watchers so I increased it to 1200 (according to the fitness pal) I am a stay at home mom, do house work and go to the gym 5 days a well sometimes for 2 hrs anyway I started having more calories like 1400-1600 cause of the workouts but my weight goes up and up and up. Their are times I’m being told I am not eating enough and I eat more and yep.... gain more ! I weigh myself everyday and find myself getting truly so depressed. I weigh and measure and write down literally EVERYTHING I have everyday. It is controlling my like. Any advice? Thank you

Replies

• avilar1012
    avilar1012 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I also feel like I live life having to go to the gym if I don’t I just keep going up. I am tired and frustrated and want to give up
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    How are you tracking your calories?

Are you weighing all solids on a food scale, including vegetables and things that come in portions such as slices of bread? Measuring all liquids such as drinks, cooking oils and sauces? If you open your diary, people can see whether you're making any of some common errors.

If your weight is consistently increasing over a period of several weeks, then you're most likely eating more than you think you are.
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    With daily weighing there is always fluctuating. I am not against weighing everyday because I do it also. They way I even that out is have one day I count as my official weigh in day (Friday). When I weigh daily it is a guide of what not to do, what I need to do etc. If exercising at the sometimes it starts to become routine and our bodies get used to that so need to change the exercises or do more reps, etc. Also, use a food scale, it helps with making sure you have the right amounts of food, etc. I too track everything, another tip make sure logging calories of any drinks if have that. I tend to drink water, black coffee and tea which is 0 calories, but some drinks do have calories.
  • avilar1012
    Options
    Thank you!!! I am pretty good at tracking and measuring. Maybe I’m just taking in too many calories
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Could be anything affecting you. Is the gym thing new? You could be experiencing some water weight gain due to muscle repair. If not then you may be one of those folks like me who has what I like to call an efficient system. I tend to gain on anything over 1400 calories. Part of that is due to having lost so much weight. It does seem to be getting a little better now but I have to watch very carefully. The last thing is obvious, be sure you aren't grabbing a bite here and there and that you are weighing all your solid food and logging it. Beyond that the doc can take a look at your thyriod but it is more likely one of the previous items causing your issue.
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Solid advice above...

Are you eating your exercise calories? If so, how are you determining your exercise burn? Typically, fitness trackers, machines, and even the MFP exercise database tend to overstate calories burned for a given activity.

If you're eating all (or a portion) of your exercise calories, reduce the percentage for a couple weeks and see how the scale responds.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    Yes, please provide exactly how you are tracking your food consumption. and How long have you been experiencing this struggle and consistently tracking/weighing yourself We frankly need more info.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Do you use a food scale?
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary in the settings? Some of the experienced users may be able to spot something to help you out.
  • avilar1012
    Options
    Thank you 😊
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I doubt that you are gaining weight on that little calories unless either something is off in your weighing or you are over exaggerating your calorie burn. With your stats, your daily calorie burn from exercise is probably only 300-400 calories. Us lightweights get the short end of the stick. I've heard of other people getting in trouble by going by the calorie burn their apple watch gave them.
  • avilar1012
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your advice. I do some days (not all) eat about half of my work out calories maybe I will not do that and tighten up on my calorie count. I have noticed that at that tome of the month I’m extremely bloated and horribly in pain it’s been the past two months like that o may have to see my doctor but as far as tracking and weighing my food I do do that religiously and drink my waters. O do appreciate everyone taking the time to give me feedback. Thank you