HBMairi Posts: 84 Member
edited May 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi all, I need some help.
I’m 5ft 3, 11 stone 7.
Swim 3 times a week
Gym 3 times a week
In a calorie deficit
Hitting my macros every day
My weight isn’t shifting at all (not losing inches either)
What am I doing wrong? It’s really getting me down now as I’m putting in the effort and don’t know what to do now.

Replies

• HBMairi
    Options
    Yeah I weigh every scrap of food. Hasn’t changed in weeks.
  • HBMairi
    Options
    Mfp over estimates cal burnt during exercise try only eating back half of what it says you burnt. Also double check your diary entries there are a few dud entries on the database.

I have mfp set to not take off calories expended during exercise.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    How did you calculate what your deficit number is? And how do you measure your calories burned exercising? Do you eat those calories back?
  • HBMairi
    Options
    shaf238 wrote: »
    How did you calculate what your deficit number is? And how do you measure your calories burned exercising? Do you eat those calories back?
    Nope never eat my exercise calories back.
    My calories are 1270 a day
  • spraytanninghelens
    spraytanninghelens Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    So frustrating when you hit a brick wall.
    When I was eating 1300 a day and also hitting the gym with lots of cardio nothing was working for me either. Once I ditched the amount of cardio and just concentrated on lifting that’s when I found a change and started shifting the pounds.
    Do you still stick to calories defecit over the weekend?
  • HBMairi
    Options
    Panini911 wrote: »
    how long have you been eating 1270/day?
    are you carefully selecting entries in database?
    has the scale not moved AT ALL? same number? what is the trend?

is the exercise new or increased? that can lead to muscles retaining water masking weight loss.
    the scale goes up by a pound or so then back down a pound or so but no lower. Being careful with entries, doing everything I should be doing.

• HBMairi
    Options
    So frustrating when you hit a brick wall.
    When I was eating 1300 a day and also hitting the gym with lots of cardio nothing was working for me either. Once I ditched the amount of cardio and just concentrated on lifting that’s when I found a change and started shifting the pounds.
    Do you still stick to calories defecit over the weekend?

Yeah calorie deficit 7 days a week. I’ve been lifting, not so much cardio.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Would you be willing to temporarily make your diary public? Fresh eyes might be able to spot something :smile:
  • HBMairi
    Options
    HOW LONG have you been eat 1270 a day?
    HOW LONG has your exercise routine been stable (no adding/increasing)?
    HOW LONG has your weight been exactly the same? (if it has been EXACTLY the same VS trending up or down).
    HBMairi wrote: »
    how long have you been eating 1270/day?
    are you carefully selecting entries in database?
    has the scale not moved AT ALL? same number? what is the trend?

is the exercise new or increased? that can lead to muscles retaining water masking weight loss.
    the scale goes up by a pound or so then back down a pound or so but no lower. Being careful with entries, doing everything I should be doing.

the exact same pound? Or trending down?
    like 110-111, 110-111?
    or like 110-111, 109.5-110.5, 109-110...

1270 a day for the last month or so
    Ive recently increased exercise, so swimming 3 times a week instead of 1, when i go to the gym, i lift weights and try and always do a little bit better than the previous week, doesnt always happen.
    So my weight will go from 159lbs to 162 then graducally down to 159 but never below this then back up to 162lbs
  • HBMairi
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Would you be willing to temporarily make your diary public? Fresh eyes might be able to spot something :smile:

my diary is public
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    You might benefit from logging your weight into a trending app (Happy Scale or Libra) to get a better idea what the trend line looks like.