Need some help re weight/fitness

Options
2»

Replies

• HBMairi
    HBMairi Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You might benefit from logging your weight into a trending app (Happy Scale or Libra) to get a better idea what the trend line looks like.
    That’s what I’m doing, that’s why I know it’s not moving
  • HBMairi
    HBMairi Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    wmd1979 wrote: »
    Buff_Man wrote: »
    You're in a plateau, take a diet break and try a different workout routine. You can also try changing your diet e.g. low carb and high protein

I find it funny that you would come to this conclusion with the limited info that has been given. If she just started dieting, is she still in a plateau in your mind? Going low carb may cut some water weight initially, but if her calories aren't on point then its not going to help a lot in the long run. The fact is, if she were truly at 1270 calories every single day for the last month, then she should have lost something. What is more likely is that she is underestimating the number of calories she is actually eating. Are you accurately weighing everything you consume with a food scale? Are you tracking with accurate entries? Without fail, when people hit a stall, they either aren't figuring or tracking their calories correctly, or they aren't allowing enough time. Weight loss is not linear, but if the calories are correct, there should be a very obvious trend.

Everything I eat is weighed properly. I prep my food at the beginning of the week and I know exactly how much is in each Tupperware box (ie: 125g chicken, 95g sweet potato, 65g Brussels etc etc). I am totally anal about weighing food and correctly entering it in MFP.
  • fitom80
    fitom80 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    @Maxematics pls read carefully what i have written (may help, need to be analysed, not enought info) I know this picture well. She does everything from it, she s under (i guess) huge kcal def for longer time... adjusting kcal(adding) and/or better timing MAY help under some circumstances. My english is weak for deeper explanation). You dont know the reason and source of stagnation but you are sure what will not help. Good. 👍
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    HBMairi wrote: »
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Would you be willing to temporarily make your diary public? Fresh eyes might be able to spot something :smile:

my diary is public

I can't see it.
  • fitom80
    fitom80 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    @Maxematics i dont have to waste time with little things..my assumtion was CI is ok according to prev. discussion. Sure people have problems with logging calories and ivestigation is always best first choice. BUT... In context of whole discussion IF she is doing right logging (assumption) and CI is ok what i have written MAY help and its fully comliant with your pictograph. I agreed with wmd and added this. I was not arguing against anything you have written but advocated my opinion. Do you see the difference? Sorry for of topic, like this community, dont wanna argue about.