Running always so hard when losing weight ?

Options
2»

Replies

• oat_bran
    oat_bran Posts: 370 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    heybales wrote: »
    You could indeed slow down enough you could run constantly - but it may not feel comfortable.
    Some people when they slow down start making their turnover slower and more leaping style - which is usually no good.
    Try to time your footsteps for turnover rate when running comfortably, and then duplicate that when the pace slows down to do it longer.

Despite regularly running for years now, I actually had no idea about what turnover is and how important it is, can you imagine? I just looked it up and I know now what I'll be working on improving next time I go for a run! :)

And thanks for the tip, I'll try to work on my pace!
  • CoreyLust
    CoreyLust Posts: 42 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Performance and calorie deficits are not things that go together at the same time. I say this because you shouldn't really expect to gain too much fitness if you are constantly training in a deficit. Unless you are just starting out and then you most likely can do both for a while. You would generally concentrate on one over the other. There could be numerous reasons why this is happening to you. How long have you been in a calorie deficit for? You may be encountering a metabolic slowdown. How certain are you that your calorie deficit is the amounts you believe it to be and not more? Are you eating enough protein? You could be breaking down lbm. What is your weekly mileage? You may have increased your mileage too quickly. What is your heart rate during these runs? You could be running too fast and you just aren't recovering. Just so many things.