Losing Weight on Seroquel

Options
I had my doctor decrease my dose in the hopes that I can lose some weight. Does anyone have any tips? It’s SO HARD to lose weight on seroquel.

Replies

• TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I started on Seroquel in 2015 one tablet at night, didn't make me gain weight but when I felt happier I ate more and gained weight. Went off it in 2016, again no difference to weight.

Now back on it, although half a tablet and no effect on weight gain or loss.
  • Yoshirio
    Yoshirio Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I gained 50 pounds while on Seroquel because it made me insanely hungry and I ate everything in sight.
  • Raysie1
    Raysie1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    82EC wrote: »
    Look you may not believe it but I am speaking from my own personal experience with this drug - I did not change anything about my diet, exercise, activity etc and I put on 35kg. It was definitely due to the drug in my case as the weight gain stopped as soon as I switched to another medication.

You may not have been conscious of the changes to Calories In or Calories Out but there must have been some. If a pill could make you gain 77lb of fat with no change in the energy equation no-one in the world would die of hunger, as RelCanonical said. Say it out loud and you'll realise how impossible it sounds.

• michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I was on it and i was always hungry to the point i was eating enuff for two grown guy's. My eating was so out of control i got type 2 diabetes. I'm so glad I'm off