Exercise and calorie counting

Options
I am a busy busy mom of three and have hardly anytime to workout. I have 45 pounds of baby weight to lose. Has anyone had success with counting calories and not being able to workout??? Any answers would he appreciated. I'd love to workout but it's really hard to be consistent and I find when I do cardio I'm more hungry I'm also still nursing my 18 month old.

Replies

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    weight loss is in the kitchen.

HOWEVER, you probably move around much more than you give yourself credit for chasing three kids around ;) no one HAS to go to the gym for weight loss. we can be active living our daily live. And you can add small things like family walks, or just parking a bit farther when you do drive places (when pheasable, obviously with three kids that isn't always an ideal option).
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Panini911 wrote: »
    weight loss is in the kitchen.

HOWEVER, you probably move around much more than you give yourself credit for chasing three kids around ;) no one HAS to go to the gym for weight loss. we can be active living our daily live. And you can add small things like family walks, or just parking a bit farther when you do drive places (when pheasable, obviously with three kids that isn't always an ideal option).

Agree with this - there are so many ways you can just be more active other than spending time at a gym. When doing housework don't be too efficient - eg instead of assembling stuff to go upstairs/to bedrooms etc take them as you find them. Do your housework with attitude - really give that dusting/windows etc some welly - make sure you get a good work out while cleaning. Playing with the children can also burn up quite a bit; just dancing around with small children like a loon can be great for you - and fun for the children. And getting your children outside and walking/swimming/playing is good for you and so good for them too.
  • staceyma77
    staceyma77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your replies I feel alot better about not being able to workout and yes I go, go , go all day long!!!
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    I got hit by a car riding my bike, years ago. Continued losing weight after that, even thought I couldn't do much of anything for a few weeks. All you need to lose weight is a calorie deficit.