Drinking (not alcohol)

Options
2»

Replies

• WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    i do not quantity. i track output. so long as the output is a light straw color, i'm good

I'm pretty much here. I mean, I know that I drink 20oz of coffee w/ heavy creamer first thing in the AM because that's how big my cup is. I then have a 24oz stainless steel tumbler that I fill often throughout the day, I'd say, probably 3-4 times a day. I also then have a water bottle that I keep in my car (2+ daily commute) that I fill up probably every other day. All that to say, I drink a lot, but don't really track the actual totals. As long as my pee is the right color, I'm good.

Andplusalso, sometimes on the weekends, I suck at refilling my bottle, and I can feel it. I know by how I feel whether or not I am adequately hydrated, and if I notice that I'm starting to feel a little yucky, I just drink some water.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    When I was obese for YEARS, I drank a ton of coffee filled with flavored creams, maybe 10-15 or more cups per day and as I think of it...that's pretty much the only liquids I consumed with the exception of pops and juices, which I drank probably 32-64 oz or so a day. I NEVER drank water, ever. I HATED water for some reason.

Fast forward to today, I drink so much water a day, at least 10 8-12oz cups (probably more) and 4-6 8 oz cups of green/exotic teas all thru out the day. I find myself drinking FAR more liquids (water & green and exotics tea without anything added, just the teas alone) than I do eating food (now that I'm slim and trim now--I consume FAR more liquids *with zero to very low/hardly any cals*) than food--it's amazing to think about it).

Also, I don't really like full flavored soda/pops and juice like I did when I was obese and even overweight, I LOVE seriously watered down juices/pop better than straight juice and pop. Now, straight juice and pop tastes too sweet or too strong for me now--I like the taste of pop/juice to taste more like water...it's weird and wonderful to/for me.

I CRAVE water and green/exotic teas now more than food. I also don't crave coffee like I did when I was obese. When I was obese I HAD TO (or at least I thought I did) drink MASSIVE amounts of coffee with flavored creams all day and night. I still drink coffee w/cream now, but far far less than when I was obese--NOT because I can't have coffee with creams, but I just don't want it like I did when I was obese.

ETA: I also don't track my liquids AND probably 50% or more of the water I drink is Trader Joe's electrolyte water as well. The other 50% is filtered water.

I was thinking about my reply and how some people may get the WRONG impression that liquids are better than food and/or misconstrue what I meant when I said "I drink more liquids than eating foods now" and when I said "I crave water and green/exotic teas now more than food." I thought this may definitely give people with eating disorders and issues with food that "nod" of some sort, so please allow me to elaborate and/or get it straight...

My "relationship" with food has completely changed from when I was obese. Food is no longer my "god" or my"master"...food is now my servant instead. Food is a fabulous fuel to/for my mind, body and soul and no longer a "drug/addiction" to/for me so to speak. I no longer "live to eat" but now I "eat to live." I no longer use food as as stress and mess "soother and/or temporary problem solver (stress and mess eating)". I no longer allow food to control me like I did for years and was obese/overweight. Food is no longer a 24/7/365 thought domination. I eat whatever I want to whenever I want to and I eat SUPER GOOD too--all the time--every single day, NOTHING is off limits, except for portion control, period. I just eat smaller portions and less frequently thru-out the day than I did when I was obese and overweight.

Just an FYI and clarification.

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I don't have any idea how many oz of water I am drinking. But I mostly drink water. I also have a couple cups of coffee, and a diet soda most days.