Keto plateau?

Options
I have been on Keto for 3 months and I have lost 36 pounds. The last 2 weeks I have not lost anything, I’ve stayed the exact same. The only thing I did was start exercising, only on the treadmill and elliptical. I log every thing in on a carb manager app and weigh everything! Any tips?

Replies

• Karrice12
    Karrice12 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I still want to lose around 110 pounds. I was doing around 1450 calories a day, but since I started exercising I upped it to 1600. I weigh and measure everything I eat and log it in.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,227 Member
    Options
    The way MFP is set up..is when you exercise you are suppose to eat the exercise calories back...if you have a fitbit or garmin then put it how many calories you burned and eat them back....if you just go by what MFP says you burned then I would suggest eating only half back since they over estimates....I too am a keto'er and I also do IF (fasting for 16 hours and eating within an 8 hour window) ....wishing you the very best on your journey :)
  • Karrice12
    Karrice12 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the advice I’ll try that! I wish you the best as well!! :smiley:
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,227 Member
    Options
    You are very welcome...and thank you...you are welcome to add me if you would like
  • zeejane4
    zeejane4 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Could just be holding water from starting exercise!

This.

When you start a new exercise routine, or change up a current one, there may be some water retention. It's temporary though and usually goes away within a few days.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Karrice12 wrote: »
    I have been on Keto for 3 months and I have lost 36 pounds. The last 2 weeks I have not lost anything, I’ve stayed the exact same. The only thing I did was start exercising, only on the treadmill and elliptical. I log every thing in on a carb manager app and weigh everything! Any tips?

You could change your diet for a bit.
    You could give it more time.. Said you started to exercise 2 weeks. give it another two weeks.
  • phoebe3369
    phoebe3369 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am at a bit of a standstill as well. I have been exercising all year but trying to change it up recently. I IF almost every day, no food from 2pm-8am and i track everything. Try to stay at 1500 a day unless i do a hard workout and 20 net carbs. Should i not workout for a few days and see if i drop water weight? I have been juggling the same 5 pounds for 3 weeks.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Karrice12 wrote: »
    I have been on Keto for 3 months and I have lost 36 pounds. The last 2 weeks I have not lost anything, I’ve stayed the exact same.10 The only thing I did was start exercising, only on the treadmill and elliptical. I log every thing in on a carb manager app and weigh everything! Any tips?

A 3-6 month pause after every 10% weight loss can be positive long term.
  • Blythmag
    Blythmag Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Muscles retaining water.dont panic
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Blood volume increases too from doing cardio, to carry the more oxygen being requested to more areas, and for cooling.

Good job eating more when doing more - life lesson there.
    It's the eating less when doing less that's usually the kicker.