All these poop posts make me finally want to ask a weird question!

Options
So, it seems people are open with talking about pooping and what's normal, what's not. I've been reluctant but hey, maybe I'll learn something. So I haven't had a "normal" poop in I couldn't tell you how long, at least a few years. Its always soft/mushy like diarrhea. Every morning, normal after I drink coffee. Is this normal? Its like my body cant create a normal stool. I've tried increasing fiber, prune juice, and still the same.in the last year sometimes its twice a day but then I've been eating better and watching my weight. Is this just my normal or should I talk to a Dr about it?

Replies

• Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10630582/the-poo-thread

You may find this an interesting read :) It hasn't been active lately but you can always bring it back!

ETA my brain is not all the way there and I missed the main point of your post. I have a very similar situation and I have been diagnosed with IBS with diarrhea. I have seen a few gastroenterologists about and they have tried many things, none of them have worked for me but I still recommend setting up an appointment to they can try and troubleshoot.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I am the same way off and on. I think it is because of my varying fiber intake. I can't seem to standardize the amount that I consume for long enough for my body to adjust to it.

You should probably ask your doctor about it but be prepared because if he is anything like mine he may send you for a test and the only one I can think of that pertains is a colonoscopy.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Could it be the coffee? Some people do have reactions like this to coffee.

I’d set up a doctors appointment and in the meantime maybe drink tea instead of coffee to see if anything changes.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,058 Member
    Options
    If you're having soft stool to the point of "emergency/urgency", in a way that limits you in daily life, I'd schedule a visit to the doctor intentionally to discuss this.

If it's more that you're wondering if the texture is normal, but it isn't giving you any noticeable problem in any other respect (it just "seems mushy"), and it's not a new thing, I think it's fine to wait until your next doctor visit, and mention it then. People do differ (as you'll see in the poo thread linked above).

That advice about logging more frequently, and paying attention to how the stool is affected, sounds like a good plan.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    I think different people have fixations.