Vegan Canadians!

Bubblemar
Bubblemar Posts: 30 Member
What are some healthy, nut free, snacks you can buy that don't require refrigeration and can easily be bought at a grocery store?

Replies

• elliej
    elliej Posts: 466 Member
    I'm not Canadian but my vegan snacks are fruit dried or fresh, carrot or celery sticks (depending on the weather and how long they're out the fridge they should be fine), crisps, rice cakes, flapjacks, cereal bars, olives, miso soup sachets you just add hot water to, crackers/ryvita...
  • Bubblemar
    Bubblemar Posts: 30 Member
    elliej wrote: »
    I'm not Canadian but my vegan snacks are fruit dried or fresh, carrot or celery sticks (depending on the weather and how long they're out the fridge they should be fine), crisps, rice cakes, flapjacks, cereal bars, olives, miso soup sachets you just add hot water to, crackers/ryvita...

Oooo rice cakes! I wish i could have carrots, hummus, fruit etc but the issue is the snacks have to last about 4 weeks without a fridge as i'll be at a summer camp
  • veganbytheseaxo
    veganbytheseaxo Posts: 3 Member
    I'm not Canadian either, but I second dried fruits as good, unfussy snacks. I love making up little mixes, like banana chips and cranberries with walnuts and seeds in small tub. It's handy to keep in your bag when you need a nibble :)