pork loin roast???

Options
mrsbuzz
mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
I have a pork loin roast for dinner tonight, but not sure how to cook it. I have a recipe to use in a roasting pan, but wanted to see what you all do.

Thanks

Replies

• yvonmac
    yvonmac Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I love pork loin roast! I do it in a pan in the oven at about 325 degrees for about an hour or a little longer--pork needs to be 165 degrees for 3 min. to be safe to eat. I sprinkle on dehydrated onion and pepper and Italian seasoning. Cover with foil. It should be tender and fall apart--don't add water to the pan. It should come out great. Hope this helps!
  • aschwieterman
    Options
    Cut slits in it and stuff it with garlic cloves. Put it on top of Onion slices and cover with Pineapple slices sprinkled with brown sugar. Remove the cloves after roasting.
  • inittothinit42
    inittothinit42 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I cook mine with cut up apples, a little cornstarch, brown sugar, cinnamon, and dried cranberries.
  • Benji49
    Benji49 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I marinade mine in a chipolte/chili sauce and then slow cook either in the slow cooker or preferably in the smoker when I have time to babysit it.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    CHALUPA

3 lb. pork loin roast
    1 lb. dry pint beans (soak overnight)
    6 cloves garlic, chopped
    2 tbsp. chili powder (mild)
    1 tbsp. cumin
    1 tsp. oregano
    2 sm. cans chopped green chiles
    Salt to taste

Trim fat off roast. Place all ingredients except salt in large crock pot or other pot. Cover with water to top of crock pot and simmer until meat is tender. If cooking on stove, add boiling water as needed while cooking.

Remove pork when tender and chunk up meat and discard bones. Return meat to pot, add salt now. Simmer until serving time. Serve on Frito's and top servings with grated cheese, lettuce, diced tomatoes, onions, avocados, salsa, sour cream, etc.

TIP:

Cut fat, and bone off meat and chunk up before cooking if you want to reduce fat.

Use straight pure ground chili powder, no mixed stuff.

This recipe is great for crock pot; put on before going to bed. Fill to rim of pot with water, turn on high and forget. In morning, shred meat off bones, add salt and cook on low until lunch or dinner. Takes no watching and smells so yummy when you come home to it.
  • MBSNANA
    MBSNANA Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I fix mine in the oven. I put it in a cooking bag then add potatoes, onions, carrots. Before I put it in the oven I sprinkle Ms. Dash sodium free garlic and herb. Now you have me wanting to fix one again. lol :laugh: Hope that helps. Kaye
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I use a spice rub on mine and then put it on a roasting rack in a pan in the oven. The rub frequently consists of some mix of: sweet paprika, mustard (powder), ginger, garlic, onion, marjoram, tarragon, just a bit of kosher salt, and a teaspoon or two of brown sugar. I usually drizzle the roast with a bit of olive oil, then rub in the mixed spices. You can do this right before cooking, but is even better if you can put the spices on a few hours ahead and let it marinate in the refrigerator for a while.
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Honey I always do mine in the crockpot. Lots of garlic, oregano and a big onion sliced up. No water. Just put it on high 4-5 hours or low for 6-8. Yum! ooxxo
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone for the wonderful tips!!
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    OMG! OMG! OMG! You MUST make Ancho Pork Medalions!!!!! They are the GREATEST EVER!!!!!!!

I got the recipe out of the Cooking Light Magazine. It is the most tasty thing EVER!

You slice the pork loin and coat each side with a blend of chili powder, salt, pepper, cumin, and garlic. Then brown each side in a skillet. Then (and this is the GREATEST) mix in a bowl 2 tbsp. Jalapeno pepper jelly (yep, pepper jelly) with 1 tbsp. lime juice. Then brush the jelly mix onto the medallions. They are 167 calories for 2 medalions about a quarter in thick.

They are SOOOOOO delicious!!!!!! A MUST try!!!!