Wireless workout headphones?

TinManJoe
TinManJoe Posts: 29 Member
My nicest headphones are corded, and as much as I love them, I don't want to sweat them up or carry them to the gym a lot. I used to have wireless earbuds (Jabra Sport) but they broke; I loved them and their overall portability, though their battery life wasn't great.

Currently I use an old set of Apple earbuds and I hate them, but that's that. I'd like to find some wireless over-ear headphones that are good for gym workouts and runs/bike rides (can stay on securely, are water resistant enough for sweat and maybe a light drizzle, have more than a 2-3 your battery life). Any suggestions?

Replies

• Den_of_Iniquity
    Den_of_Iniquity Posts: 424 Member
    I currently use Mpow 059 over ear wireless. There are some that are specifically built to resist sweat/water but I'm too cheap to pay hundreds of dollars. These are about 35 dollars and I haven't had any issues from sweat. Best of luck.
  • Beaster_Bunny
    Beaster_Bunny Posts: 501 Member
    edited January 2019
    Edited to fix because I posted before reading the entire post. I have Bose SoundSport earbuds. They do stay in my ears well, haven't had any issues from sweat, and sound pretty good for bluetooth. They are however earbuds and not over the ear.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,861 Member
    Sennheiser CX 6.0 are beasts and not too expensive.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    I got the UA Rock headphones advertised here for Christmas... they are amazing. Never slip, the ear muffs can be washed and are comfy and last hours on a single charge.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    I'm having the same problem and was about to ask the same so now following.
    I can't wear earbuds so need over or on ear bluetooth/wireless. Amazon have literally hundreds so I just haven't a clue where to start. (I'm in the UK though)
  • TinManJoe
    TinManJoe Posts: 29 Member
    TinManJoe wrote: »
    some wireless over-ear headphones that are good for gym workouts and runs/bike rides (can stay on securely, are water resistant enough for sweat and maybe a light drizzle, have more than a 2-3 your battery life)

• Vicki66C
    Vicki66C Posts: 37 Member
    I use the powerbeats3 as well and love them! Great battery life and sweat proof!
  • I really like the aftershokz Trekz Titanium. They are bone conducting so they dont go on your ear at all and you can still hear what is going on around you. You can get them on Amazon

iil5czir6gh2.png

• lin_be
    lin_be Posts: 393 Member
    edited February 2019
    Oops edited because you want something over the ear. Never mind. :#
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,883 Member
    Glad I used the "search" function rather than just start yet another post on the same topic. So cool, this thread has a number of suggestions of brands, but a question out of ignorance if you please: do these work with my existing MP3 player, do I need to get a new player compatible with them, or do they have built-in memory of some form? I don't have any music on my phone, but plenty of music files on my PC.
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    as long as bluetooth is supported on said mp3 player, yep
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    I've got a pair of MPOW flame bluetooth headphones at work and another at home for running. I've had good luck with them, not too expensive, and decent sound quality. I regularly use them during work hours, charging them over lunch at most, so the battery life is pretty good. They should work with anything bluetooth-capable.
  • meadorsbrandon
    meadorsbrandon Posts: 2 Member
    Their expensive, but I've had a lot of luck with the first generation of Apple AirPods... :smile:
  • FirstStateCamber
    FirstStateCamber Posts: 2 Member
    I recently bought a set of tiny ear bud, bluetooth pairing from Amazon, $50 via Prime, worked great so far for a month now plus on vacation travel. The Model is iKanzi iPX7
  • Jennifer1Harrison
    Jennifer1Harrison Posts: 35 Member
    I use the Bose soundport ones. They work really well even for running.