476lbs, 5 days in ...

Options
2»

Replies

• Britxclarity
    Britxclarity Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic Robin!
    In 2015 I used to weigh 423lbs, 5'11. And using mfp plus a food scale I dropped down to 321 in about a year without exercise. I didn't cut out anything really just weighed -everything- and ate in moderation.

Gained 70lbs of that back when I fell off the track and have lost 16 of it so far this time though I won't be quitting like I did before. Keep up your positive attitude and you will see big changes before you know it.
  • rondajones2003
    rondajones2003 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Excellent and way to get started. I also started a week ago and know that making better choices will be great for the long run. Small changes is always what has worked best for me so I’m trying to make those. This first week it has been to drink more water.
  • BurningSkies2018
    BurningSkies2018 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    That's good to hear that you are doing well! Small changes can be good for people. I cut soda out probably five or six years ago, but I wasn't doing it to lose weight. I had caught a bad case of strep throat and I cut it out then.

Normally for me, it's best to quit cold turkey and just go with it. I am terrible at trying to cut things back slowly over time. I just have to roll with it. Haha. I will say that this app has made things a lot easier for me and I'm glad I was suggested this. As someone who started out over 400 lbs - it's totally possible.
  • keodell1966
    keodell1966 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Great beginning! Yay!
  • caindove11
    caindove11 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Take it one day at a time and savor every accomplishment.