Weight gain?

Options
hjma
hjma Posts: 29 Member
Throughout winter I walked 20m 4-5 days a week plus one 45 minute aerobic session once a week. I also stuck to a calorie goal that should have had me drop 1 pound weekly.
In early February I was at 141.5 (with a goal of 138). I went on vacation to FL for a week and came back about 144. It never went down, but slowly kept going up (despite continuing my diet and exercise).
The last few weeks I’ve dropped my walking and aerobics, but started jogging (or wogging, really) 4-5 times a week. (Still continuing my calorie goals.)
Last week I was 146 and now am 147.
I know muscle is building and is more than fat, but I’m very much struggling with this 5.5/6.5 gain in the last 3 months. I’m all visual and that scale bothers me more than I know it should.
Any advice or thoughts?

Replies

• kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Firstly stop looking at the scale too frequently. Sometimes you look great, feel great but one digit over an people tend to get paronoid. Relax..

The leaner you get, harder to lose. Re-evaluate/tailor your diet. Use a food scale. Sometimes we think over diet is good, not realising at the start of the journey it will take you so far until adjustments need to be made.
  • hjma
    hjma Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you. That scale is my nemesis.
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    hjma wrote: »
    Thank you. That scale is my nemesis.

It is. Some people weigh themselves twice a day. One digit up people tend to lose it.

Don't worry, you doing great. Keep it up 👍