Can you really eat what you want?

Options
2»

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    OP can you clarify why you felt that meal was “a cheat”? What are you cheating on? Have you made sweeping changes in diet - ie low carb, such that a meal that fits within your cals but isn’t how you normally eat, feels like you are cheating?
  • Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    @lynn_glenmont - I do the exact same thing you do for restaurant food, and guessing/estimating has worked fine for me, too. I didn't say or try to convince OP that the data logged for meals out was "meaningless," I said it's a guess and it still counts.
    I didn't say a guess makes something a cheat, either - I don't understand what you meant by that TBH, but cheats aren't really a thing IMO since it all still counts.

• ErinWard1986
    ErinWard1986 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow marks 2 weeks for me. So far, I’m down 7 lbs staying within my calorie deficit. I eat chocolate every night and oh, I had a milkshake yesterday! My diary is open. I could never make it if I couldn’t eat foods that I enjoyed! I’m already feeling better!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    Options
    Kathryn247 wrote: »
    @lynn_glenmont - I do the exact same thing you do for restaurant food, and guessing/estimating has worked fine for me, too. I didn't say or try to convince OP that the data logged for meals out was "meaningless," I said it's a guess and it still counts.
    I didn't say a guess makes something a cheat, either - I don't understand what you meant by that TBH, but cheats aren't really a thing IMO since it all still counts.

OK. Obviously you would know better than I what your intended meaning was. I responded to it as it came across to me, and upon re-reading, it still comes across that way. Clearly what we have here is a failure to communicate.

eib1eo92mncc.png