Loose skin

Hi does anyone have any loose skin and pictures they want to share? I have loose skin on my stomach, arms, back, and boobs. It’s getting me down what I look like. I was 126kg and now I’m 77kgs. I kinda feel I should be happier as I’m not as big as I use to be. I’m glad I’ve lost 49kgs but the loose skin is a downer. I should not have let myself get so big but there’s reasons why I did. How does everyone cope with loose skin?

Replies

• pontious11349
    pontious11349 Posts: 105 Member
    Hey I've not had loose skin so I cant comment on the mental side of things but you should be super proud that you have achieved the weight loss. There is a pretty cool video on youtube called 'obese to beast' which is posted by Crossfit. The guy interviewed has his own channel now but I forget the name.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    ...by the way, did you see your therapist on Tuesday? What did they say about weighing yourself seven times a day, and how you were interacting with people's advice on the threads here?
  • ashleygroizard
    ashleygroizard Posts: 181 Member
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    Loose skin does tighten up to some extent, but it takes time - up to two years.

It also tends to look worst at the 'slightly overweight' stage because there's still enough subcutaneous fat to pull it down a bit.

I 'cope' with my loose skin (I've gone from 175 kg to 68 kg) by being so joyous that I have a body that I never dreamed I could (overweight/obese since childhood) that any imperfections are just completely irrelevant. Loose skin? Stretch marks? All they say is that I am a woman who has achieved feats of will and hard work that most people couldn't dream of. Who cares, when I've gone from being in pain at walking 200 yards to cheerily hiking 18 miles - and then doing it again the next day? It's all under my clothes anyway, so who's gonna notice?

Maybe that’s why mine looks worse because I’m slightly overweight. I’m 1.1kgs off a healthy bmi. So yeah I still have fat. Wow you’ve done really well. That’s an incredible effort. You are positive the way you look at things and I’ve got to try be a bit more positive myself. 18 miles that’s a fantastic effort. Well done. And 175kg to 68kgs is also fantastic. I should look back at all the answers to refresh my mind and so I can lose more weight. I’ve also gotta look at the sticky threads to.
  • ashleygroizard
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    ...by the way, did you see your therapist on Tuesday? What did they say about weighing yourself seven times a day, and how you were interacting with people's advice on the threads here?

Yes I did see my therapist Tuesday and I’ve got to try reducing it to three times a day. I’ve reduced to about five times a day. I was over reacting I realised that and that’s why I’ve backed off from my fitness pal abit. Thanks for being concerned
  • twdlove89
    twdlove89 Posts: 95 Member
    If I got rid of all my loose skin I’m sure I’d weigh a stone lighter. I have it everywhere! I was almost 16stone and now I’m 9st 5lbs so the loose skin isn’t new to me, I do hate it, especially on my stomach, I know I won’t ever have a flat stomach but when i bloat I look heavily pregnant and that always makes me feel horrible.
    I feel your pain
  • ashleygroizard
    twdlove89 wrote: »
    If I got rid of all my loose skin I’m sure I’d weigh a stone lighter. I have it everywhere! I was almost 16stone and now I’m 9st 5lbs so the loose skin isn’t new to me, I do hate it, especially on my stomach, I know I won’t ever have a flat stomach but when i bloat I look heavily pregnant and that always makes me feel horrible.
    I feel your pain

But that’s great going from 16 stone to 9 stone congratulations. I sometimes bloat and my stomach can look heaps bigger. I’m not sure why our stomachs bloat. My fiancé said to me do I rather the loose skin or the extra weight and I said the loose skin. He said I should be proud of myself for how much weight I’ve lost
  • cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    I’ve lost 45 pounds. I have loose skin in my thighs and abdomen. I didn’t realize how much until I looked in the mirror. It was kind of depressing because I realized it’s why I still need the sizes I do.