Not loosing weight

Options
Hi guys

Can anyone help me please, I’m on a 1200 calorie a day diet and putting what I eat into my fitness pal properly so definitely no hidden calories and I generally go to the gym 3 times a week (had a 2 week break and went yesterday again) but I’m stuck at 9.7stone or a few pound above 😤😤 why aren’t I loosing weight?

Please help, it’s super frustrating!!!

Replies

• shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    For how long have you been stuck on the same weight? Are you using a food scale? Are you double checking database entries? How are you measuring your exercise burns? Are you eating back those calories? Also, how did you determine that 1200 calories would put you in a deficit? What is your goal weight?
  • geogie_trinder
    geogie_trinder Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was doing slimming world before I started the 1200 calories diet (been doing the calorie drop for about a week) I’ve been at 9.7 for over a month just plateau at it. I’ve been doing the gym for 3 times a week since November. Yes been weighing my food out too. I just put in my cardio workouts not my weight training ones. I used the fitness pal calculator. I want to loose a stone
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    shaf238 wrote: »
    For how long have you been stuck on the same weight? Are you using a food scale? Are you double checking database entries? How are you measuring your exercise burns? Are you eating back those calories? Also, how did you determine that 1200 calories would put you in a deficit? What is your goal weight?

all of this
  • geogie_trinder
    Options
    All above 👆🏼👆🏼
  • Teabythesea_
    Teabythesea_ Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I was doing slimming world before I started the 1200 calories diet (been doing the calorie drop for about a week) I’ve been at 9.7 for over a month just plateau at it. I’ve been doing the gym for 3 times a week since November. Yes been weighing my food out too. I just put in my cardio workouts not my weight training ones. I used the fitness pal calculator. I want to loose a stone

What do you mean you've been doing the calorie drop for a week? Does that mean you did slimming world and just started the 1200 calorie diet a week ago?

Is your weight completely, 100% stagnant or is it fluctuating slightly? A month isnt that long and can be caused by water retention due to exercising after a 2 week hiatus. It's also important to remember that exercise calories are often inflated so you many people only eat back a portion of them.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I am going to guess your expectations are the problem, not your plan. You don't have alot to lose, so its going to be a long, slow process. My interpretation is you have only been tracking on MFP for a week, so that is way to soon to start worrying. Since you were already on slimming world you probably didn't have a crazy diet overhaul like some new memebers, so you will not see an impressive newbie drop.

This might be a good group for you to check out for advice and support:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/499-not-that-heavy-girls
  • geogie_trinder
    Options
    I’ve been doing slimming world since November 2018 but didn’t measure my calorie in take (was a lot more than 1200 as I ate a lot of “free food”) yes I’ve only been eating 1200 calories a day for one week now. It does fluctuate but in the wrong direction 😫 hasn’t gone under 9.7!

Could it be that I went to the gym yesterday so when I weighed myself this morning I’m slightly heavier because of the gym yesterday?
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    one week is still very very early days in a diet. our weight fluctuates a number of pounds with a day/week/month. so it's hard to say if that's just random water fluctuations. but definitely NOT a gain of fat.

and yes new or increased exercise can lead to muscles retaining water to repair themselves which can cause a blip on the scale temporarily.
  • Teabythesea_
    Teabythesea_ Posts: 559 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I’ve been doing slimming world since November 2018 but didn’t measure my calorie in take (was a lot more than 1200 as I ate a lot of “free food”) yes I’ve only been eating 1200 calories a day for one week now. It does fluctuate but in the wrong direction 😫 hasn’t gone under 9.7!

Could it be that I went to the gym yesterday so when I weighed myself this morning I’m slightly heavier because of the gym yesterday?

Your weight is not going to drop drastically the first week of counting calories. I agree with the other poster that the issue here is your expectations. Weight loss takes time and is not linear. Some weeks you'll lose, some you'll gain, and loss can be masked by fluctuations in water weight for weeks at a time.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    Unless you are very short at 133lbs you're already in the middle of healthy weight range so any weight loss is going to be extremely slow and you should set yourself to 0.5lbs per week (if you haven't already). This means your loss is likely to be easily masked by water weight fluctuations.

Just trust the science and stick with it, it's the trend over time that matters not the week-to-week.
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Looking at your weight as a single data point is mind numbing. Use a 7-10 day moving average. Happy scale or libra apps depending on your phone choice

Wake up , bathroom, weigh and log it. Don’t weigh again that day.
  • geogie_trinder
    Options
    Thank you guys so much for your replies, and I’ll agree with you that I expect far too much! I will be patient and stick to it until I reach my goal! Thank you 😊 🙏