Body Fat Percentage

Options
2»

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Great work on the changes you've made. I'd guesstimate 25-ish%.
  • Johnd2000
    Johnd2000 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    There’s an app I use (Body Tracker) that gives step by step instructions for using calipers. It covers 6 or 7 different methods and does all the averaging for you. You still need someone to take the measurements for you, but they don’t need any formal training.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    ellioc2 wrote: »
    Here are some better pictures. I’d love to think it’s not just all fat 😭 my waist has been getting smaller (used to be 35 inches, us now 31 inches) but my hips have pretty much stayed the same and I’m pretty insecure about my arms and my “hip dips”.

Visually, I have you around 25-26%. You are making great progress. So, keep on the path. Bear in mind of you try to calculate muscle mass, that everything that is lean mass is not muscle. You have bone, organs, water etc. 4 inches of your waist is great. I wouldn't be so concerned about the hips. I've lost 5+ inches off my waist and only 1 or 2 off my hips. I am now at a healthy hip to waist ratio.

You are progressing nicely! Keep going!
  • notmadeinchina
    notmadeinchina Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Are dexa scans or hydrostatic testing available near you? (Probably the most accurate estimations but cost varies a lot.)

^^ This! hydrostatic testing.

I've wondered this for a long time, how to find out my actual body fat %, as weight is only one facet of things... I found in my area a service called bodyfattest.com/..(I'm in Southern California). They have trucks in a smattering of states/cities. I've gone for 7 tests over the past 4 years, and just went there this morning, as they just happened to have an event near where I work..

No more guessing w/ something like this! My first test was 17.8% body fat, and my lowest was 9.2%.. As of this morning, I'm at 10.6%!

I believe some gyms might offer this as well.

(I'm not affiliated w/ the company or anything.. I'm just a pleased customer).