My first bikini summer

Replies

• BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    Well the bottom fit great but the top is too big!!! It looks very unflattering because of that. I had a feeling this might happen, I've always needed 1 size smaller for my top than my bottom, damn pear shape! So now I'm out the money and still need a bathing suit! No more online shopping for stuff that needs to fit well, and can't be returned, learned my lesson! Might have to take a shopping trip to Montreal then!
  • laceygaywilson
    laceygaywilson Posts: 330 Member
    Well the bottom fit great but the top is too big!!! It looks very unflattering because of that. I had a feeling this might happen, I've always needed 1 size smaller for my top than my bottom, damn pear shape! So now I'm out the money and still need a bathing suit! No more online shopping for stuff that needs to fit well, and can't be returned, learned my lesson! Might have to take a shopping trip to Montreal then!

Well darn!! See if you can resell it!! Or gift it!! At least you still get to go shopping!! That's always fun!!
  • TonnnnUK
    TonnnnUK Posts: 132 Member
    164.40 Yayo haven't gotten the swimsuit yet but I bought a pair of size 6 shorts yesterday and I am freaking pumped

This is great!! Well done!
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member

I will buy tops and bottoms separately (not as a set) because off the rack sets so often don’t fit me right either, although my problem is I need much larger tops than bottoms. Thank goodness for eBay or I’d never find my size, I’m in the states and all the bikinis that fit me come from the UK!
  • RunsWithBees
    164.40 Yayo haven't gotten the swimsuit yet but I bought a pair of size 6 shorts yesterday and I am freaking pumped

Awesome!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member

ETA: don’t wait 40 years to put one on again like I did. If you want to wear one, wear one. [/quote]

These are wise words... rock that bikini anyone any age and every woman who really wants to wear one..

• xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 940 Member
    Great job!

I have 8lbs to loose by July 01st. For me to get to my goal I have to be very strict with my consumption. If my head is not in it 100% I will surely fail. So far so good! :)
  • laceygaywilson
    xbowhunter wrote: »
    Great job!

I have 8lbs to loose by July 01st. For me to get to my goal I have to be very strict with my consumption. If my head is not in it 100% I will surely fail. So far so good! :)

You've got this!!! Stay positive and it will make a huge difference!!! Mind health then body health!! I'm 4lbs away from my weight goal! I want to run 3 miles in 30mins last time 33.23 mins!! Sometimes that weight goal isn't as realistic as we think. Check this out. So last time I was this size I weighed way less!!! I wasn't working out last time to lose weight. I just cut calories a lot! Now I weigh more but I'm dropping inches quick!! The scale is only part of the success!!
  • BattyKnitter

I will buy tops and bottoms separately (not as a set) because off the rack sets so often don’t fit me right either, although my problem is I need much larger tops than bottoms. Thank goodness for eBay or I’d never find my size, I’m in the states and all the bikinis that fit me come from the UK!

Yes I know this, I knew beforehand that my sizes are different but I fell in love with that bathing suit and ignored what I knew!
  • BattyKnitter
    edited May 2019

ETA: don’t wait 40 years to put one on again like I did. If you want to wear one, wear one.

These are wise words... rock that bikini anyone any age and every woman who really wants to wear one..

YES! I still have 20lbs to lose but I am shopping for a bikini to wear this summer anyways!
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited May 2019
    Congrats! great progress.

More power to you for your confidence. i'm well beyond my goal but still so very far from considering a bikini. heck i'm uncomfortable in a one piece and looking for more surfing/padding two pieces that both cover everything AND are more "sports" than bathing suit bottom. :P With the weight loss i've got tons of loose skin (and some loose skin with bits of fat in the folds). I'm 5'1 and 114 now (toying with getting to 110).

Maybe if I can heal enough to work more on toning/muscle building but it's been a struggle with both elbow and knee/hip issues to really work on those (currently just working on getting them to stop hurting!)
  • BattyKnitter
    Panini911 wrote: »

More power to you for your confidence. i'm well beyond my goal but still so very far from considering a bikini. heck i'm uncomfortable in a one piece and looking for more surfing/padding two pieces that both cover everything AND are more "sports" than bathing suit bottom. :P With the weight loss i've got tons of loose skin (and some loose skin with bits of fat in the folds). I'm 5'1 and 114 now (toying with getting to 110).

Maybe if I can heal enough to work more on toning/muscle building but it's been a struggle with both elbow and knee/hip issues to really work on those (currently just working on getting them to stop hurting!)

I'm really loving the retro styles this year, high waist shorts as bottoms and tops with more coverage are much more easy to find! But you wear what you are comfortable with, not everyone is comfortable with a bikini no matter their size and of course that's ok!
  • InspectorRed
    InspectorRed Posts: 757 Member

My swimsuits and bras all come from the UK; I honestly do not understand why it is so hard to find large cup sizes in the US!
  • RunsWithBees

My swimsuits and bras all come from the UK; I honestly do not understand why it is so hard to find large cup sizes in the US!

Right?!?! And if you can by chance find them here they are either not cute at all, in drab colors, no pretty lace, purely structural and/or extremely expensive :s At least they’ve got the right idea in the UK and certainly have my business! :)
  • RunsWithBees

Yes I know this, I knew beforehand that my sizes are different but I fell in love with that bathing suit and ignored what I knew!

Is there a way to have the top altered through sewing or fill out the cups with a little padding maybe? 🤷🏻‍♀️ :)
  • laceygaywilson

YOGA!!!!! It helps me with loose skin, knee and hip issues!! You can choose the workout and build up strength slowly while healing old injuries!!! I didn't believe until I tried myself!! I do an app on my phone called down dog!!! And I say get a bikini flaunt what you've worked hard to achieve!! I'm gonna they don't like me then they best look away cause I FEEL AMAZING!!!
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member

YOGA!!!!! It helps me with loose skin, knee and hip issues!! You can choose the workout and build up strength slowly while healing old injuries!!! I didn't believe until I tried myself!! I do an app on my phone called down dog!!! And I say get a bikini flaunt what you've worked hard to achieve!! I'm gonna they don't like me then they best look away cause I FEEL AMAZING!!!

Thanks! I tried yoga but it kept flaring up my issues :( In part it may be an issue with the specific classes I was taking. I'd hit up ac lass and it could end up being 30min of lunges and squats which was wayyy too much for my poor body. it was unpredictable even when i tried to stick to teachers/classes that should have been "easier".

may start with some at home stuff next time where i can limit movement . will check out that app.

I will get back to yoga hopefully soon if the current round of treatments work.
  • laceygaywilson

Thanks! I tried yoga but it kept flaring up my issues :( In part it may be an issue with the specific classes I was taking. I'd hit up ac lass and it could end up being 30min of lunges and squats which was wayyy too much for my poor body. it was unpredictable even when i tried to stick to teachers/classes that should have been "easier".

may start with some at home stuff next time where i can limit movement . will check out that app.

I will get back to yoga hopefully soon if the current round of treatments work.

https://www.downdogapp.com/
    Down Dog | Great Yoga Anywhere

Good luck with your treatment!!! There is the app I use!! I do it daily!! You can get hot and shaky or keep it restorative and just stretch things back into place!!! Love the options!!
  • mikebolt87
    mikebolt87 Posts: 9 Member
    Feel free to add me I will help keep you motivated