2 weeks and no weight loss

Options
Femilaxx1xo
Femilaxx1xo Posts: 66 Member
edited May 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
So 2 weeks ago I started to lose weight. So far I only lost water weight. I do look less bloated in the morning but at night I look so bloated. My starting weight was 60kg and now I’m 58.5kg. I eat 1500 cals a day. I think this cal goal matches my height which is 5.2ft and my activity levels. Idk am I expecting too much at this stage? Ugh. I see people losing weight after like 2 weeks. I am definitely not giving up. In the past I failed a lot but this time I changed my mind set about food.

Replies

• Femilaxx1xo
    Options
    You’ve lost 1.5 kg in two weeks. I’m not seeing the problem here.

Yeah but not inches. My measurements are still the same
  • Femilaxx1xo
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    You’ve lost 1.5 kg in two weeks. I’m not seeing the problem here.

?

How much weight do you think you ought to lose in two weeks?

Not only how much weight it is possible to lose, but how much it would be optimal to lose.

Is your goal to lose weight fast, or to attempt to succeed in losing weight permanently?

Of course I want to lose permanently. It’s set to lose at 0.2kg per week.
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    How many spots did you measure? If it was just your waist you may find it’s the slowest and last to go. Like others have said, your rate is great so far the rest will come
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,690 Member
    Options
    You also don't have much weight to lose, so may not see a lot of obvious difference.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,912 Member
    Options
    You also don't have much weight to lose, so may not see a lot of obvious difference.

That too. Given that you're starting within the healthy weight range, how much weight are you planning to lose? What is driving you? What are you trying to change and achieve?
  • Femilaxx1xo
    Options

That too. Given that you're starting within the healthy weight range, how much weight are you planning to lose? What is driving you? What are you trying to change and achieve?

I want to get to between 52-54kkg. I want to lose fat.
  • Femilaxx1xo
    Options

I dnt know 😣
  • Femilaxx1xo
    Options
    jdog022 wrote: »
    How many spots did you measure? If it was just your waist you may find it’s the slowest and last to go. Like others have said, your rate is great so far the rest will come

Thanks. I measured my waist, hips, arms and thighs. I’m just gonna stay patient. Eventually the weight will come off.
  • DKLI
    DKLI Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Think about it...1.5 kg loss spread out over your entire body. Any reduction in measurements may be too small to register. Keep at it and you will be able to see a change in your measurements over time. :)
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    So 2 weeks ago I started to lose weight. So far I only lost water weight. I do look less bloated in the morning but at night I look so bloated. My starting weight was 60kg and now I’m 58.5kg. I eat 1500 cals a day. I think this cal goal matches my height which is 5.2ft and my activity levels. Idk am I expecting too much at this stage? Ugh. I see people losing weight after like 2 weeks. I am definitely not giving up. In the past I failed a lot but this time I changed my mind set about food.

Those of us who are short will almost always lose body fat slower, 1 pound is a bigger percentage of our overall size. There are so many factors to fat loss that you should never compare to others.

MINDSET: 2 weeks is not very long at all. Focus on the food scale, not the body weight scale, and be consistent for 60-90 days. The results will come even if you never stepped on the body weight scale.

Also, 1500 is pretty close to our TDEE when we are short females. You might need a few days a week just a little lower than that to lose body fat. 1500 does not leave much room for error. Estimating calories is an estimate that needs a little room for a margin of error. Exercise without counting calorie burn for it helps with the margin of error too.

Best of luck to you!

Roberta
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Start thinking in terms of months, not weeks. You didn't gain the weight you want to lose in 2 weeks, probably. It takes awhile to lose as well, especially if you don't have that much excess weight. As others have said, the scale has moved already. Also make sure you're weighing your food and logging accurately, all the usual advice.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,912 Member
    Options

Those of us who are short will almost always lose body fat slower, 1 pound is a bigger percentage of our overall size. There are so many factors to fat loss that you should never compare to others.

MINDSET: 2 weeks is not very long at all. Focus on the food scale, not the body weight scale, and be consistent for 60-90 days. The results will come even if you never stepped on the body weight scale.

Also, 1500 is pretty close to our TDEE when we are short females. You might need a few days a week just a little lower than that to lose body fat. 1500 does not leave much room for error. Estimating calories is an estimate that needs a little room for a margin of error. Exercise without counting calorie burn for it helps with the margin of error too.

Best of luck to you!

Roberta

I agree with 2/3 paragraphs.

Weight trend app would also help someone who has to lose weight slowly.

You have zero evidence however that 1500 is not enough for this person

The only evidence we have so far argues the opposite. That she should increase calories well above 1500 to slow down her weight loss.

The only reason this has not yet been mentioned is that it is the first two weeks.

No trend has been established as of yet, and some water weight that will, at least partially, come back later may well have been lost.

Also deliberately screwing up your calculations doesn't help with your margin of error.

Zero is the one number guaranteed to be wrong. And it will only work with few side effects when exercise Calories don't form a large part of TDEE--which is not always the case on MFP.

Consistently calculate everything to the best of your ability and adjust based on weight trend results over a long enough time period
  • Femilaxx1xo
    Options
    DKLI wrote: »
    Think about it...1.5 kg loss spread out over your entire body. Any reduction in measurements may be too small to register. Keep at it and you will be able to see a change in your measurements over time. :)

Yeah, thank you ☺️
  • Femilaxx1xo
    Options

Best of luck to you!

Roberta

I am going to stay patient. Thank u!!! x I eat 1500 cals a day and this is including my workout calories. I am not active on daily basis. I just workout that’s all. I do a desk job.
  • Femilaxx1xo
    Options

Best of luck to you!

Roberta

I agree with 2/3 paragraphs.

Weight trend app would also help someone who has to lose weight slowly.

You have zero evidence however that 1500 is not enough for this person

The only evidence we have so far argues the opposite. That she should increase calories well above 1500 to slow down her weight loss.

The only reason this has not yet been mentioned is that it is the first two weeks.

No trend has been established as of yet, and some water weight that will, at least partially, come back later may well have been lost.

Also deliberately screwing up your calculations doesn't help with your margin of error.

Zero is the one number guaranteed to be wrong. And it will only work with few side effects when exercise Calories don't form a large part of TDEE--which is not always the case on MFP.

Consistently calculate everything to the best of your ability and adjust based on weight trend results over a long enough time period

Yes, thank you for your advice! Means a lot 😎 I am going to try and stay consistent.