Are you happy with your body?

Options
Rocko820
Rocko820 Posts: 53 Member
Six pack, big arms, big booty, big legs.
What do you see in the mirror? And does is bother you or not?
Social media, Hollywood, do you follow trend?

Replies

• newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Rocko are you happy with your body and are other people happy with it?✍️
  • This_far
    This_far Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Was inspired by a friend to go to gym and take it seriously in December. I am thrilled with the results so far. Best shape since I left boot camp in 92.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm frustrated with how my body is functioning but there is absolutely nothing I can do about it.

When I'm not in this state, I am about 90% happy, always room for improvement but I know how to get there.
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Ever since I started getting regular exercise for the first time in my life just over 6 years ago, I’m extremely happy with my body! Except for my fibroids, I hated those suckers so I had them killed off and now I’m happy again 😁
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Meh. Never 100% happy. It's OK. And when I compare myself to other people out and about I realise that it's actually not that bad, considering my age and all that.

And no, I don't follow or get "inspired" by random celebrities or fake IG people. In fact, they annoy the *kitten* out of me.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Not yet! More mass would be nice.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Not really. Ectomorph and bmi of 19 with no muscle. It just makes me look like I’m sick
  • powerplaymsu
    powerplaymsu Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Yes. No. More legs and more cardio. Less beer.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I'm fine with it. I'm 64. Not as fast as I once was. May not get there first, but I always get there.
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    I’m in better shape now than I was in high school. I’m happy with learning what works for me and what doesn’t. I admire others’ who’ve put in work to help maintain their physique.

I have my days where I overly critique areas of my body. I remind myself that our bodies change after losing and gaining weight, having children and as we get older.
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    no, i never have been. I'm always aware of my stomach and thighs, how small my lips are, how big my forehead, how flat and lumpy my bum is. Every imperfection is amplified.

I hope going to the gym will allow me to make the changes I want to see.

You’re beautiful 💜