meal plan

Options
caellak
caellak Posts: 7 Member
could you please give me a general idea of you're meals throughout the week please? I always have weetabix for breakfast and healthy dinners but I really struggle for ideas around lunch time and what to have for snacks! thanks so much

Replies

• Buff_Man
    Buff_Man Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Try and get protein in each meal, around a fist sized portion, equal amount of carbs like rice, pasta etc and as many veggies as you can manage. Snack on but if fruit and raw nuts
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    check out the recipes board- so many good ideas based on ingredients or cooking methods
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/recipes
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    My last meal of the day is my big meal, so I usually have a protein shake or protein bar for lunch. The ones I buy (various brands) average 140-190 calories. I usually don't snack so I can have an 800-900 calorie dinner.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    My every day snack is either a piece of fruit or 2 string cheese. If my other meals have plenty of protein, I have fruit for snack. If I need more protein, I have the cheese.

For lunches, I have gone between the following for the last 4 months:

1. PB&J, can't go wrong there!
    2. Tuna, mayo, crackers
    3. Tuna, mayo, toast
    4. Grilled chicken with salad veggies and dressing
  • Dreamwa1ker
    Dreamwa1ker Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast - have just never been someone that's hungry in the morning. So, I eat large lunches (rather early like right at 11). I also have found I need sufficient fiber to keep myself full and satiated until dinner - when I tried cutting carbs I would get too hungry in the afternoon. I am not much of a snacker either. So, with these notes for context, here are some typical lunches for me:

1. Burrito bowls: 3 oz of grilled/roasted chicken breast/tenders, grilled/roasted peppers/onions, 1/3 cup black beans or nonfat refried beans, 1/3 cup brown rice, lettuce, pico de gallo, guacamole, and a ton of salsa. 566 calories.
    2. Penne arrabbiata: 1 serving Kroger reduced calorie penne (this has a TON of added fiber which is why I like it - other high-fiber pastas work as well), 1/2 cup arrabbiata sauce, 1 link chicken sausage, parmesan cheese. 458 calories.
    3. Huge salads
    4. turkey/chicken sandwich on high-fiber whole wheat with avocado, lettuce, tomato, mayo: 499 calories.
    5. When I'm feeling truly lazy: A frozen healthy choice meal with a fiber one bar or bowl of oatmeal on the side.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    During summer months different mixed salads, also with grilled vegetables. Constantly changing flavours with lots of different home - made salad dressings. Add fish / chicken / cottage cheese, total between 400 and 500 calories. Winter is coming up where we live - time for something hot, like clear vegetable soups, beef or chicken based. Again - different flavours make it more interesting.
  • Dreamwa1ker
    Dreamwa1ker Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Not really sure why I got woo'd or the guy after me got flagged...
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Not really sure why I got woo'd or the guy after me got flagged...

Ignore the woo....some people think woo is positive as in "woo-hoo." I don't get the flag thing either.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    For lunch I focus on protein (no shakes though). I like various salads with grilled chicken; endless possibilities really. Cottage cheese and fruit with veggies on the side. Steamer bags are great for fresh green beans.

Sandwich wraps or pitas with lots of veggies. Tuna salad, egg salad, ham or turkey Lean Cuisine or Healthy Choice a couple times a week, I typically add more veggies though.

Snacks - Ghiradelli dark chocolate (individually wrapped squares are great). Microwave popcorn (I pop my own - Presto Popper)....very little oil is needed.
  • teresaa1860
    teresaa1860 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I try to break up calories by day part depending on how hungry I usually am at a given time. For instance, in the morning and lunch I am usually not that hungry, so I eat smaller meals then to allow myself more calories for dinner. I usually eat the same breakfast and lunch for a week and then rotate things out as I get bored.

Pinterest is great for easy, cheap, and low calorie meals if you get stuck. A few of my go to lunches are
    -salads with various toppings
    -buffalo chicken wraps
    -Thai vegetables with a protein
    -burrito bowls
    -turkey meatballs with roasted squash
    I actually love talking about meal planning and swapping ideas and recipes. Feel free to add/message me if you want to discuss more!