No pic, no friend policy?

Options

Replies

• smallerme88
    Options
    I agree with the picture policy. It not only shows a basic level of commitment, but it helps to put a face with the name and accomplishments.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    I have a pic but it is an avatar, I don`t accept `friends` and my diary/profile is completely private.

Does this make me a bad person...IMO no not really!

I am happy to ask questions on the forum and support people on the forum...but I do not want to become involved in peoples personal lives by becoming their `friend`

I have enough going on in my off forum life with my friends and family problems, that I do not want to add to them by worrying about people that are internet strangers.

But to all of those that enjoy their internet `friends` then if it works for you then go for it x
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Way to ride the fence...

I mean, even if you just put a head shot, your cat...anything...if you are going to entertain the public/personal side of MFP. Friendship and support...its much easier to support someone you can see or relate to a picture, than a blue and white cartoon drawing.

Yes, but you also do NOT have the luxury of deleting your own posts, etc. So, your face, those posts, forever searchable. That is your call. Ride the fence I will. It's titillating :)

i would *totally* ride your fence (and not just cause you're opening wine)
  • teeley
    teeley Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    off topic, your picture makes me laugh everytime because the first couple times it looked like you were happily stabbing something. Then I looked closer..
    [/quote]

I thought the same thing. Opening wine is the next best thing though!
    [/quote]

wine is the next best thing to a happy stabbing??? I am going to sleep with my windows locked!!! haha
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    I don't care if there is a pic or not. I don't think it relates to someones level of commitment. I will say that I do appreciate one so I'm able to put a face with a name.

I'm more interested in getting messages with add requests instead of random blank ones...
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Not harsh - I prefer a pic and message. Unless it's a really good looking guy, no message necessary, I don't really care what you have to say.

:laugh:
  • teeley
    Options
    off topic, your picture makes me laugh everytime because the first couple times it looked like you were happily stabbing something. Then I looked closer..
    [/quote]

I thought the same thing. Opening wine is the next best thing though!
    [/quote]

wine is the next best thing to a happy stabbing??? I am going to sleep with my windows locked!!! haha
  • teeley
    Options
    great now my face is out there of someone who clearly can't quote a post!!!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Way to ride the fence...

I mean, even if you just put a head shot, your cat...anything...if you are going to entertain the public/personal side of MFP. Friendship and support...its much easier to support someone you can see or relate to a picture, than a blue and white cartoon drawing.

Yes, but you also do NOT have the luxury of deleting your own posts, etc. So, your face, those posts, forever searchable. That is your call. Ride the fence I will. It's titillating :)

I'd stab the dam wine to get at it :)
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Not harsh - I prefer a pic and message. Unless it's a really good looking guy, no message necessary, I don't really care what you have to say.

You are so wise.
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options
    great now my face is out there of someone who clearly can't quote a post!!!
    LOL I'm no psycho but who doesn't like to take frustration out by tenderizing a steak or something, or opening a bottle of wine, yum!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    I've added people with no picture and no message included before. and believe it or not most of them get around to filling their stuff out and adding pictures. I think it's a matter or getting adjusted to the site first before they feel they can put themselves out there or they just really didn't feel like it then. I've never declined friend request anyway, but that's just me.
  • mayatiger
    Options
    Ok, now I am LMAO!!! Lock your windows, that's a GOOD one!!! :laugh:
  • mayatiger
    Options
    You are sweet!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Bdmiller42
    Bdmiller42 Posts: 149
    Options
    I don't believe a picture is necessary as long as their talkative/good company.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    i don't add unless there's a picture and a message. i'm not here to get another FB, i'm here for support (and to chit chat, have fun and play games of course) and to give support. I also go through my friends list every couple of weeks or so and if you haven't been talking much to me or on the board, i delete. The whole 101010918382910343 friends bugs me for some reason. There is no way somebody has that many friends!!!
  • 3shirts
    3shirts Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I think a picture of something, anything, just shows that you want to get involved in the site a bit and are more likely to be a helpful friend. I only tend to add people I see post funny/interesting/motivating stuff in forum posts though even if they have no picture. Of course most in the forums do but I think that just proves my first point.
  • yumyumron
    Options
    Huh? What? Who's stabbing wine??? NEVER STAB WINE!!! LOL!!!
  • yumyumron
    Options
    Huh? What? Who's stabbing wine??? NEVER STAB WINE!!! LOL!!!
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    I prefer a picture but only because I had someone stalking me, he actually made a fake account with a fake picture, so a picture isnt a guarentee. I also look at posts, friends lists, etc.