Keto so slow for me

Hi everyone I started keto/ Atkins Xmas before last , my husband and I , I ended up losing about 40lbs by year but did have some set backs , then we moved bought a fixer up etc etc and started breaking our meal plans , so now I’m up 20 lbs and starting over , I see al these people who loss so fast in keto and I watch everything I eat and have to really struggle to loss a few lbs here and there and tips?? I write down everything I eat on here I do find that helps me stay aware of what I’m eating much more but I still don’t understand a lot of the macros and how to figure out my numbers to well can anyone give me some tips or suggestions?????

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,393 Member
    edited May 2019
    Ultimately your caloric balance will determine whether you're gaining or losing.

Some people find it easier to control their caloric intake (and thus their caloric balance) by controlling carbs (various keto plans). Others find that they can control their calories by reducing fats, or fats and carbs in combination. Few people start by eating so much protein that they benefit by reducing their consumption, but I'm sure they exist. And many people just reduce their calories without substantially changing their macros. Perhaps by introducing more low calorie options that crowd out higher calorie choices.

If you find keto conducive to your goals, go for it.

Achieving a 500 Cal deficit, on average, per day (no matter how: food, exercise, combination) will result in an approximate 50lb loss in a year. 250 Cal's will polish off about 25lbs. Not bad, for skipping on the equivalent of a standard sized candy bar a day, right?

A weight trend application or web site may be helpful in determining your weight level.

Starting on keto depletes glycogen reserves and results in extra water weight losses that come back every time keto is stopped.

This is natural, and these initial losses and regains are not reflective of changes in fat reserves!
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Why whole foods keto vs whole food vegan?