Pet owners leaving their Dog foul everywhere!

Rocko820
Rocko820 Posts: 53 Member
edited May 2019 in Chit-Chat
Cant look after your pets, dont have them. If you like walking in streets full of poo, then go live elsewhere. Disgusting!!

Replies

• newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Oh hi Rocko
  • ChrisCatMama
    ChrisCatMama Posts: 1,038 Member
    Yeah we have that problem in the apartment complex I live in. Even though they provide bags to clean up after the dogs and even say in the lease that you need to pick up after them. I like dogs but don’t like it when their humans are irresponsible.
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    People are disgusting. Have you seen public restrooms? Those same people have animals. Pretty much they are animals themselves.
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Dog foul! Two minutes in the box
  • RebelRebel_1383
    RebelRebel_1383 Posts: 9 Member
    People are the worst aren’t they
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,379 Member
    Some people just shouldn't have pets really. Or kids for that matter. But then again, even without either, they would still be the people who leave random trash some other way.
  • samtarlyonadiet
    samtarlyonadiet Posts: 917 Member
    My dog's foul is currently runny so in order to make sure I didn't leave any behind I cut the sod with a utily knife and will throw the entire piece of sod away
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Here in cali the problem not necessarily dogs but the homeless humans crapping on or near sidewalks......now that is disgusting at its very worst🤢
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member
    dsboohead wrote: »
    Here in cali the problem not necessarily dogs but the homeless humans crapping on or near sidewalks......now that is disgusting at its very worst🤢

I can top that. In our old office location we occasionally had people crapping in the stairwells because they were too lazy to go downstairs to the public restrooms.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    I hike a lot. Trails near my home in Oregon. For the most part, people are pretty responsible about picking up after their dogs.

Have a couple of questions though.

There are people that pick up after their dog and then leave the bag by the side of the trail. Why? I'd rather they didn't pick it up. Dog "foul" will decompose but the plastic bag won't.

Secondly, our trails have people, with and without dogs, hiking. Bikes are on the trails. Runners. Even people on horseback. So, my second question is, why do the dog owners have to pick up after their dogs and the horse owners don't?

Things that make me go "HMmmmmm?"
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    ythannah wrote: »
    dsboohead wrote: »

I can top that. In our old office location we occasionally had people crapping in the stairwells because they were too lazy to go downstairs to the public restrooms.

Oh Gawd.....dog crap is now the least of all problems.......people stuff is over the top, especially in stairwells!!!
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    I hike a lot. Trails near my home in Oregon. For the most part, people are pretty responsible about picking up after their dogs.

There are people that pick up after their dog and then leave the bag by the side of the trail. Why? I'd rather they didn't pick it up. Dog "foul" will decompose but the plastic bag won't.

Secondly, our trails have people, with and without dogs, hiking. Bikes are on the trails. Runners. Even people on horseback. So, my second question is, why do the dog owners have to pick up after their dogs and the horse owners don't?

Usually if someone leaves a poop bag by the trail, they're meaning to pick it up on the way back out. They just don't want to carry it through the whole hike.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    JenSD6 wrote: »
    TheRoadDog wrote: »

Usually if someone leaves a poop bag by the trail, they're meaning to pick it up on the way back out. They just don't want to carry it through the whole hike.

Yes, I do this running all the time, usually my dog poop within half a mile of our house, so I leave the bag by the road and grab it on the way home.

However, on trails and stuff, as long as my dog doesn't poop in the middle of the trail or something I don't pick up. She steps into the woods. And sh she is with me and my horse, so we leave both behind :lol: