Food addiction. One extreme or the other

Options
13»

Replies

• sillypandas
    sillypandas Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    This is old...but I'm still going to point out that lasagna with fresh motz is hardly "junk food"

It is when you eat half a 9×13 pan of it. Hah! :/
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    No, it's just food you overate. Not junk.
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    wow. You just described me to the T! It can be a bit frustrating when ALL i think about is food, healthy and unhealthy. It's an obsession :(
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    This is old...but I'm still going to point out that lasagna with fresh motz is hardly "junk food"

It is when you eat half a 9×13 pan of it. Hah! :/

Still nothing wrong with the food. You ate too much of it, perhaps, but how does your overconsumption of a particular food automatically categorize it as junk? Lasagna is almost a perfect macro combination. It has carbs, protein and fats. It can be packed with veggies. It is tasty and (for me) comforting. Definitely not junk.

How will labeling foods in such a way, help you address your tendency to overeat them?
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I recently heard about this...

WARNING SIGNS & SYMPTOMS OF ORTHOREXIA
    Compulsive checking of ingredient lists and nutritional labels
    An increase in concern about the health of ingredients
    Cutting out an increasing number of food groups (all sugar, all carbs, all dairy, all meat, all animal products)
    An inability to eat anything but a narrow group of foods that are deemed ‘healthy’ or ‘pure’
    Unusual interest in the health of what others are eating
    Spending hours per day thinking about what food might be served at upcoming events
    Showing high levels of distress when ‘safe’ or ‘healthy’ foods aren’t available
    Obsessive following of food and ‘healthy lifestyle’ blogs on Twitter and Instagram
    Body image concerns may or may not be present
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Hi, How is everyone doing today? Hope we are learning and doing our best. Hugs
  • ultra_violets
    ultra_violets Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I've been addicted to food since I was eleven years old. I've spent my entire life obsessed with food and dieting, losing weight and gaining it back. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes at 38. I've tried every diet out there. The only thing that finally helped me get control and stop my compulsive eating was the keto diet. I'm not saying it's the solution for you, just that it is for me. It's been a miracle for me. Just like an alcoholic can't have even one drink, I had to cut the processed carbs, the sweets and the fast food out of my life, and you know what? I don't miss it. I hope you find what works for you.
  • ultra_violets
    ultra_violets Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »
    Dilvish wrote: »
    Think diabetes. The more simple sugars you consume the harder it gets for your pancreas and liver to handle it and eventually your either diabetic or pre-diabetic and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Most people don't even realize they have it until its too late. Sugar, in all it's forms, was never intended to be in the levels the average person consumes.

Packaged and processed foods, baked goods and yes even Monster drinks all contain way too much sugar (and salt) and if you continue to eat it, your organs will simply cease to function properly.

Most people are more concerned about their weight rather than their overall health. Cutting carbohydrates (sugars) to no more than 150g per day can literally save your life and jumpstart that weight loss journey.

P.S. if you get sick when you don't get enough energy drinks then you are at an addiction level and it's time to get that out of your system.

No....sugar is not the cause! Overweight...genetcs and nobody knows why for type 1. These sre the causes not sugar.

When I was diagnosed with type 2 in 2008 I blamed myself and my food addiction. I found out later that my father is diabetic (you would think he would have picked up a phone...). So you're right. It isn't always as simple as eating too much sugar.