Eat Exercise calories or not

Options
Jadu786
Jadu786 Posts: 141 Member
Hello Everyone, for those of you who are successful with weight loss.. do you eat your exercise calories? For example, if you run 30 minutes and burn 300 calories. Do you add them to your daily allowance or ignore them?

Replies

• Lenala13
    Lenala13 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I do if I'm hungry. So basically, I don't force myself to eat them if I'm not hungry, but don't hesitate to eat them when I am. :smile:
  • WandRsmom
    WandRsmom Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I usually eat about half of them, just in case the calculations are off, unless I'm really hungry, then I eat them all.

I do this, too. For the same reason.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I do not eat mine back 95% of the time. I have the premium MFP, and one of the main features of it is to not have your daily goal increased by your exercise calories.

I will listen to my body though, and there have been occasions where I am very hungry and I will eat them back on those days but it has been rare.

I also was set @ 1200 calories by MFP when I started, and I manually adjusted it to 1399 as that fits better with my macro goals. So in a sense I might be already eating 200 calories over what MFP says and the reason i'm still losing weight at the same rate is because those extra 200 are covered by exercise, i'm not sure :)
  • grace173
    grace173 Posts: 180 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I didn't eat my excercise calories yesterday by a good bit and when I woke up today I was wrecked with tiredness almost felt like fatigue. Ate my porridge, went to spin, then halfway through spin I felt starving! Thanks for the tip on half. I'll try that as I am trying to lose a few pounds at the minute. Just a few though so eating half back should work for that. Thanks.