High protein vegan macros

Hey
I’m a 20 yo female student nurse weighing in at 12stone and height of 5’3.

I wish to be 10 stone and tone up.

I’m also vegan (for allergy reasons). I have hypothyroidism and endometriosis.

Can anyone advise me on macros ? I don’t want to be really high protein vegan, or restrict carbs particularly but a lot of what I read is super high carb and I’m not about that (e.g. 80 10 10)

A lot of vegan protein sources are quite carby (which is fine) but can result in carb macros being used up quickly.

Calorie wise I’m planning 1200-1400 for the first few weeks (including 4 weeks of holidays). At the end of July I go out on placement (student nurse) so will increase it to ~ 1600.

Exercise wise I’ll restart at the gym when I’m back from oz (early July) and in the meantime it’ll be couch to 5k plus walking.

I am also feeding a clementine/mandarin/tangerine addiction in case that’s relevant (I could eat 12 a day 😂🙃)

Thanks
Josie

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    I go over on my carbs pretty regularly, but with a couple of high protein options, I'm able to get a reasonable protein level daily. A lot of it is going to depend on what is available near you. My diary is open, so feel free to poke around it you want some examples of the things (vegetarian, but a lot of vegan options with some minor tweaks) I eat.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    jlemoore wrote: »
    Research "Whole Food Plant Based No Oil." Watch "Forks over knives" and "What the Health" Then get rid of the vegan junk food.

Both of those documentaries are vegan propaganda and twist the truth regarding a vegan diet. avoid those and find reputable sources of information.