A *wave* hello to you all!

Options
Hi all! I'm new here... Hoping for some support and inspiration, have been reading through lots of posts over the past few days and hoping I can learn from people who have been there, done it!

I have 2 children the youngest being 9 months. I was doing well losing my 'baby weight' until about 2 months when I plattoued and then even worse, I have actually gained weight in the past 2 weeks - I need to get a hold before it gets out of control!

I love exercising, particularly Body Combat and Boxing and try to get the the gym 3 or 4 times a week. Problem is I also love my food too! I know I need to up the exercise and reduce the food but easier said than done eh?!

I also have an underactive thyroid, and when the medication is not well managed this can affect my weight. I also know my metabolism need a kickstart as I very rarely feel hungry, even in the morning. I need to initially lose about 16 to start feeling 'myself' again.

Replies

• marrtini
    marrtini Posts: 75
    Options
    Hello first of all.

If you have plateaued, you could perhaps try eating differently. Definitely breakfast is a way to jumpstart your metabolism, perhaps if you aren't hungry, try a shake or something/meal replacement, something small, simple and easy.

As for work outs, perhaps change it up a bit, add weights a couple times a week if you can, or do some different cardio activities once or twice a week.
    Maybe try to walk while pushing the stroller (burns a fair bit), just to get some fresh air and that might help you a little as well.

Since you are on here, try to log your food (no omissions) and see how you are doing calorie wise and such, see if there are changes that you can make. Having it laid out in front of me like that was a huge eye opener. Perhaps you could find alternative recipes for the foods you love that are lower calorie, or you could fill up on foods that are more fibre based or more filling, sometimes you have to sacrifice. Make sure you are getting enough water as well. You could try the water trick, drink a glass or 2 before you eat something, or drink one and wait 10 minutes, if you are still hungry, have a little. Everyone is different, but you have to find what works for you.

Hope this helps. good luck, feel free to add me. :)
  • DontWant2BeFatand40
    Options
    Hi thanks for your reply, welcome and your tips...

When I get my head round the site I'll be sure to add you and I'll start logging my food tomorrow ( today was a bad day food wise although 2 hour walk ay have saved me!)