Lost 30 lbs in my 40s and looking for some Fitness Friends.

Options
Hello MFP friends,

I decided this past January to finally try and get the athletic body I had in my 20s. I figured it was going to be difficult, but when I set out to do something I'm all in. I'm 6'3" and started this journey in January at 212 pounds and what I estimate at 22-25% body fat. After lots of hard work in the gym and a significant paradigm shift in how I approach nutrition, I'm weighing in at 179 and probably 15-17% body fat. I'm starting to resemble my twenty-something self enough that I'm trying to cut down to 10-11% body fat and pack on 5 pounds of LBM. My wife thinks I'm kind of crazy that I weigh/track all of my calories & macros, so I came here looking for some fitness friends. Good luck everyone in your journey!

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,555 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all you've accomplished, you are doing amazing!

I'm currently exercising on a recumbent bike and am planning to start weights soon. I'm down about 80 pounds since i first started years ago. I lost and maintained, then in January I buckled down and started losing again. Feel free to add me as a friend, we can cheer each on!
  • snuff15ee
    snuff15ee Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I sent you a request.