Diet pop/Soda...

2»

Replies

• caleb_93
    caleb_93 Posts: 17 Member
    I usually start my day with 2 large cups of water with lemon and drink so much water during the day that I don’t have any cravings for any soda, diet or not.
  • nocgirl72
    nocgirl72 Posts: 139 Member
    I drink spArkling ice and diet soda daily along with water with water enhancer and black coffee. I drink 0 cal beverages all day. No effect at all on weight loss.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Been following my macros to a T... but today I caved and had a Coke Zero... can anyone give me some information about drinking diet drinks here and there? Will it put a hold on weight loss?

Diet sodas don't have macros...they don't have calories. Something with zero calories cannot stop weight loss.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    Water is a chemical. (And typically contains a bunch of other chemicals.)

And an essential chemical for human life
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    Water is a chemical. (And typically contains a bunch of other chemicals.)

And an essential chemical for human life

Indeed.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,978 Member
    I usually start my day with 2 large cups of water with lemon and drink so much water during the day that I don’t have any cravings for any soda, diet or not.

I don't think anyone said they had cravings FOR soda -more that soda brought on cravings for other foods.

Me personally it has no such effect.

I drink plenty of water too - nearly every day ( without lemon for me, just plain water)

But sometimes I also like other drinks, including sometimes sodas. and since I am trying to work within a calorie allowance, I choose diet version.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Yes diet doesn’t have sugar or calories so it won’t make you gain weight, BUT!! Despite the opinion of some, it’s full of CHEMICALS!!! So if you just want to be slim, it’s ok but if you want to be healthy, I would strongly avoid it..! Water, coffee, milk and green tea is all I drink. (Green tea is great for burning fat)

The dreaded "chemakillz" in diet soda are one ingredient, aspartame. Aspartame is a methyl dipeptide, meaning it is two amino acids (protein) bound by a methyl connector (methanol, an alcohol occurring naturally in fruits and vegetables). Upon entering your digestive system, the aspartame separates into it's component parts, meaning the chemicals you drank were two amino acids (protein) and methanol.
    It's as poisonous as a spoonful of chili.

I love you. Here's an Oreo!

x0m8f0ga0hp6.png
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Yes diet doesn’t have sugar or calories so it won’t make you gain weight, BUT!! Despite the opinion of some, it’s full of CHEMICALS!!! So if you just want to be slim, it’s ok but if you want to be healthy, I would strongly avoid it..! Water, coffee, milk and green tea is all I drink. (Green tea is great for burning fat)

The dreaded "chemakillz" in diet soda are one ingredient, aspartame. Aspartame is a methyl dipeptide, meaning it is two amino acids (protein) bound by a methyl connector (methanol, an alcohol occurring naturally in fruits and vegetables). Upon entering your digestive system, the aspartame separates into it's component parts, meaning the chemicals you drank were two amino acids (protein) and methanol.

x0m8f0ga0hp6.png

source.gif
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member

x0m8f0ga0hp6.png

source.gif

This is so pure. I may just have the feelz.
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    my chili can be poisonous
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    I drink diet soda every day. It doesn't have any impact on my weight loss.