Fitbit activity seems high...

Options
Today I show 13627 steps, 99 active minutes and almost 650 extra calories for this on mfp.
It seems quite high to me, but I am quite active. Today as well as moving about normally I did:
Dog walk and maybe 3 1 minute runs for a total of 30mins
Biked to work and back, about 25 mins total.
Dog walk - 30 mins.

Would you expect this to give nearly 650 calories?

Replies

• sharonlep
    sharonlep Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    3 x 1 minute runs... Not 31 mins run! 😅
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,624 Member
    Options
    So you had a very active day (or slightly more than very active day)... and you're probably setup as sedentary, right?

I am sure that some of the extra calories will be "clawed back" if you become truly sedentary in the hours leading to midnight where the day closes and all final accounting adjustments take place!

But in the meanwhile... why are you so surprised? :wink: A sedentary person is expected to putter around for no more than 3,500 steps or so. It sounds as if you've been doing a bit more than that!

As to how many calories this will burn exactly... well it would depend on your height, and weight, and age. I can tell you that for me it is often more than 650 Cal.

Chances are really high (since Fitbit and MFP use population statistics) that, if you've entered your stats correctly, what the gizmo spits out will be in the ball-park for you!

How far inside in the ball park also depends on the accuracy of your caloric consumption log and on how average you prove to be! :smile: So adjust after 4-6 weeks using your actual weight *trend* results.