Recipe idea with CANNED PUMPKIN

2»

Replies

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. By far the most popular of all the cookies I make.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    I also like it in oatmeal - even better with cranberries! It also makes good cranberry muffins/bread. I've found that for the most part any baking recipe with banana you can sub pumpkin plus a little maple syrup.
  • adotbaby
    adotbaby Posts: 199 Member
    Add a can of pumpkin to just about any muffin mix for a breakfast that's quick and yummy. Don't follow the directions on the box, just add pumpkin.
  • whoami67
    whoami67 Posts: 297 Member
    edited April 2019
    I make all the things others have mentioned: soup, muffins, pancakes, pie, in oatmeal, in smoothies.

My favorite pumpkin soup, is this, but it's pretty caloric and usually I save it for Thanksgiving - https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/spicy-pumpkin-soup-with-mexican-cream-and-toasted-pepitas-4369

There's always the infamous WW Famous Pumpkin Fluff
    1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
    1 box sugar free fat free vanilla or butterscotch pudding mix
    1 cup skim milk
    1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
    8 oz fat free Cool Whip

Mix first 4 ingredients together until well combined and thickened. Fold in Cool Whip.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,097 Member
    edited April 2019
    I have recently started making oatmeal pumpkin waffles topped with pumpkin cream cheese spread. Great breakfast, snack or even turn into a dessert. I have also topped the waffles with peanut butter and a little honey on top.

eta My dog wants to add...pumpkin puree makes a great topping for kibbles.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    rhaiin wrote: »
    I know you can make some great cupcakes/cake using just a box of Devil's Food Cake and 1 can of Pumpkin Puree. Just mix together and bake according to directions on the box.

You can use any flavor of cake mix. I use spice cake mix and add an extra tsp of pumpkin pie spice. They freeze great too.
  • Joie_de_vivre17
    Joie_de_vivre17 Posts: 23 Member
    Add it with a little Nutmeg, cream and brown sugar to oatmeal. It’s delicious
  • FLGatorFan
    FLGatorFan Posts: 1 Member
    Add can of pumpkin to sugar free vanilla pudding
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    I like using it to make soup, I brown up some bulk sausage meat with diced onion, add Emeril's Essence seasoning or BBQ rub, and chicken stock. Smoked paprika goes well in this soup, too.
  • kheatherwahl
    kheatherwahl Posts: 2 Member
    I make protein panakes and add canned pumpkin. I use kodiak cake mix.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    frzn4c9ejmv3.png
    INGREDIENTS
    1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
    1/4 cup cashew butter
    1/4 cup maple syrup
    1 1/4 cups pumpkin puree
    2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    pinch of sea salt (optional)
    sliced apples, for dipping
    Back to Nature Honey Graham Sticks, for dipping
    INSTRUCTIONS
    Place all ingredients, chickpeas through sea salt, in the bowl of a food processor or blender. Blend until completely smooth. This may take a few minutes depending on your processor or blender. Transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy with dippers. I like to sprinkle a little more pumpkin pie spice on top. Note: This dip can be made several hours in advance, covered, and stored in the refrigerator.
  • ChoseMyChains
    ChoseMyChains Posts: 116 Member
    Yum Yum Brownie Muffins from Hungry Girl:
    https://www.hungry-girl.com/recipes/yum-yum-brownie-muffins

Ingredients
    1 box moist-style devil's food cake mix (15.25 to 18.25 oz.)
    One 15-oz. can pure pumpkin

Directions
    Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with foil baking cups, or spray it with nonstick spray.
    In a large bowl, mix cake mix with pumpkin until completely smooth and uniform. (Batter will be thick.)
    Evenly distribute batter into the cups of the muffin pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out mostly clean, about 20 minutes. Enjoy!
    MAKES 12 SERVINGS

1/12th of recipe (1 muffin): 181 calories, 3.5g total fat (1.5g sat fat), 357mg sodium, 37g carbs, 2g fiber, 20g sugars, 2g protein
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    As long as it isn't spiced for pie, my MIL makes a rockin' pumpkin soup with ginger, orange juice, sherry, and lots of other fun. It ultimately is topped with chives and gruyere, and is a fantastic meal on its own.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    I just made the best pumpkin brownies! I cup pumpkin purée, I cup almond butter, 2 eggs. Add anything else you like, bake in preheated 350 oven. I added some vanilla, white Karo(not what I would have chosen, but what I had) and cinnamon. So easy, so good!