New Mom needing to drop some weight

Hi everyone! I’m a new Mom and new to the area in which I live, so I do not have friends to walk with or challenge me at this time... is anyone interested in befriending me and rooting each other on? I started walking a mile for the past couple of days now and need to keep boosting my “workouts” up! :)

Replies

• anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend, I love to help motivate others. Best of luck in your journey. :)
  • MelissaDoc
    MelissaDoc Posts: 71 Member
    Hi there. I'm a new mom too. My son was born March 17th and I'm looking to lose the baby weight. How has it been going for you this far?
  • MerigoldMurphy
    MerigoldMurphy Posts: 10 Member
    Hi there! My baby was born on Mother's Day :) I'm still up 15-20 lbs from the 35-40 I gained. I haven't started dieting or exercising yet but am planning to start. I'm also breastfeeding so dont want to affect my supply. Good luck!
  • lacdb87
    lacdb87 Posts: 8 Member
    I had my twins in October. I gained about 35 lbs during my pregnancy, lost it all and gained about 10 back since I stopped Breastfeeding in May. Now I have those 10lbs plus my regular pre-pregnancy weight that I need to deal with. I work full time and have a toddler as well, so by the time I get home from work and picking up the kids, I have about an hour to clean, pay bills, cook dinner, and play with the kids before the bedtime routines start and that could go on until 10:00 (the twins are lousy are falling alseep). I go for a 10 minutes walk on my lunch break, but that's about all I can find time for. I'm trying really hard to adjust my lifestyle without going too crazy and only eating kale. I want to make changes I can live with long-term.