new Triathloners

Dave198lbs
Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
edited September 19 in Fitness and Exercise
for anyone interested in America's fastest growing sport there is a decent article on training for your first triathlon, a 12 week regimen, in the March issue of Men's Journal magazine...the article applies to women and men
Dave

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    for anyone interested in America's fastest growing sport there is a decent article on training for your first triathlon, a 12 week regimen, in the March issue of Men's Journal magazine...the article applies to women and men
    Dave
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Thanks. Myself and DH are doing our 1st Sprint in June and Olympic in August
  • be careful, tri's are like golf- they are addictive. I did my first sprint a year and a half ago, followed by an international, another sprint, and now I am training for an ironman in September. This website is great for logging your exercise and food in take.
  • Dave198lbs
    be careful, tri's are like golf- they are addictive. I did my first sprint a year and a half ago, followed by an international, another sprint, and now I am training for an ironman in September. This website is great for logging your exercise and food in take.

holy moly...the real one huh? awesome..you will logging alot of cals getting ready for that one...
    good luck
    Dave
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Thanks. Myself and DH are doing our 1st Sprint in June and Olympic in August

Good for you! I started w/ the tri's last year also and did a sprint. I'm doing a sprint in June and possibly and Oly in July. :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    be careful, tri's are like golf- they are addictive. I did my first sprint a year and a half ago, followed by an international, another sprint, and now I am training for an ironman in September. This website is great for logging your exercise and food in take.

Awesome!! My training buddies did a half IM last year and I went to cheer them on. It was an incredible thing to watch, there was also a full IM going on and to see those athletes crossing the line was a tear-jerker!!! Good luck!
  • bigdawg62
    bigdawg62 Posts: 127 Member
    I'm thinking of running the Pumpkin Man half triathlon this year. I ran 2 full marathons last year and plan on doing 2 full marathons again this year so the trick for me will be to fit the triathlon inbetween and not negatively impact my training for the marathon.:wink:

154312.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
This discussion has been closed.