Metabolic Renewal Program - Anyone try it?

Options
Anyone out there ever try the Metabolic Renewal by Dr. Jade? I would love to hear about your experience. Worth it or rip off?

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,007 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Just increasing exercise is the safest, cheapest, and arguably best way to "improve metabolism."

From a marketing perspective, this is an excellent pitch:

https://www.metabolicrenewal.com
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    Looks like he's just trying to sell something, nothing more. The "Science" tab talks about "findings" with no links to sources.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,907 Member
    Options
    I don't like the "exercise like a man" and "exercising like a man hurts you" part.

How do men exercise? Men can do any exercise from weights to dance. Is this one of those "you're a lady, here's the pink dumbbells" plans? I've seen men lift light too, so is that still exercising like a man?

Pass.

Yeah, that made me eye-roll, too. I think that might have been the part where they had little numbers next to the statement as if there were footnotes (since they were referring to research studies) . . . but there didn't seem to be any footnots. LOL!

It does just seem like one more site selling a "magic" solution.
  • Coastalyogibabe
    Coastalyogibabe Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It’s really true. I am not overweight, just always find it hard to keep those last few stubborn lbs off! If I stray from a work out and eating plan for even a short time, those 5 lbs come back on. There really is no magic pill is there? It’s just consistent, smart eating. I also have challenging menopause symptoms. It finally seems like my hot flashes that I’ve endured to 2 yrs are going away. I, too, often feel frustrated and overwhelmed.
  • ArmyMedic23PFA
    ArmyMedic23PFA Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I brought it, TMF, but never worked for me. Think l will stick to IF and Low Carb
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,012 Member
    Options
    Menopause is kicking me in the *kitten*. I am 54 and did not have peri menopausal symptoms until the last 18 months. Now my eye sight is bad, my hair is gray, I have gained 20 #, I am always frustrated and when I try moderate exercise and diet, I cannot stick with it. Thus, my search for a plan that I can stick with which will help me lose weight.
    Thank you all for the replies. In the past, I have never signed up for gimmicky plans. I think my frustration has peaked.
    Your replies were great at setting me straight. There is no magic pill except perseverance and time.

If you haven't checked out any of these threads, maybe they'll give you some additional guidance, I learned a lot from them:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10084670/it-is-unlikely-that-you-will-lose-weight-consistently-i-e-weight-loss-is-not-linear/p1

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10610953/neat-improvement-strategies-to-improve-weight-loss/p1

Hang in there :drinker:
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Menopause is kicking me in the *kitten*. I am 54 and did not have peri menopausal symptoms until the last 18 months. Now my eye sight is bad, my hair is gray, I have gained 20 #, I am always frustrated and when I try moderate exercise and diet, I cannot stick with it. Thus, my search for a plan that I can stick with which will help me lose weight.
    Thank you all for the replies. In the past, I have never signed up for gimmicky plans. I think my frustration has peaked.
    Your replies were great at setting me straight. There is no magic pill except perseverance and time.

I feel your pain! I know people say menopause in and of itself doesn't/shouldn't cause weight gain, but I did gain weight going through menopause because I fell out of my good habits and routines. I have felt like crap for close to two years, the hot flashes were so bad at one point they pretty much crushed my spirit, I don't sleep well because of night sweats and when I don't sleep well my energy plummets, when my energy is low I struggle with exercise - it's like a big old chain reaction. On top of that I hurt my shoulder and knee and that affected my workouts too. That said, I got tired of feeling horrible so I went back to my old routine of regular workouts and logging food, because doing those things made me feel good. Sometimes I have to really push myself to exercise, and I wish I could do more of the resistance type workouts, but going back to the basics has put my weight loss back into motion. It's a little slower than before, but it's working. You can see from this thread that you are not alone, and you can absolutely reach your goals!!
  • Lisanotoriginal
    Lisanotoriginal Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    @kimny72 Thank you for the links to the articles. I will get reading!!!