Hungry while cutting

Options
I forgot how freakin hungry I feel when in a calorie deficit. Any tips on how to feel fuller between meals? I’m already drinking a lot of water

Replies

• dmt4641
    dmt4641 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    First, make sure you are not too low in calories for the amount of weight you have to lose.

Second, the first few days or week is the hardest. It is a good idea to make a smaller deficit week one to make it more gradual.

Next, play around with macro breakdown and see if one makes you feel more satisfied. I like higher carb and higher protein with moderate fat. Some people like lower carb and higher fat.

Make sure you are getting enough fiber and protein.

Lots of vegetables can help because you get to eat a larger volume of food.

If I'm hungry at night with no calories left, a hot liquid can help me feel full - like sugar free hot chocolate or hot broth.

Hope this helps. After the first week or two it usually gets a little better as long as you are not in too steep of a deficit.
  • Buff_Man
    Buff_Man Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Start at a small deficit like 200 cals and work up to 500 max,
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    How is your deficit and how much are you losing per week? If it isn't too steep for your stats, then play around with your macros, volume, fibre, you can try things like coffee to curb appetite, you can also play around with meal timing and your cardio ... some people get more hungry with too much, some people don't and like the extra calories.
  • kelseyselig
    kelseyselig Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    dmt4641 wrote: »
    First, make sure you are not too low in calories for the amount of weight you have to lose.

Second, the first few days or week is the hardest. It is a good idea to make a smaller deficit week one to make it more gradual.

Next, play around with macro breakdown and see if one makes you feel more satisfied. I like higher carb and higher protein with moderate fat. Some people like lower carb and higher fat.

Make sure you are getting enough fiber and protein.

Lots of vegetables can help because you get to eat a larger volume of food.

If I'm hungry at night with no calories left, a hot liquid can help me feel full - like sugar free hot chocolate or hot broth.

Hope this helps. After the first week or two it usually gets a little better as long as you are not in too steep of a deficit.

My caloric deficit is at 500.. my goal is to lose 1 pound/week. I have 30-40 pounds to lose overall so decided not to go too crazy with the deficit. I’m losing more than that at the moment but I know it’s mostly water weight first.

As for macro breakdown, carbs typically make me feel real sluggish and tired. I also feel bloated. So I’m keeping those around 100-120 grams a day. I’ll definitely try to add more veggies to my diet and see if that makes me feel more full! Thanks for your advice!