Is it normal to not feel your best???

I’m a kickboxing fighter. Been training it for 12 years. There are days that I don’t feel my best. Like I feel so tired when doing certain things like sparring. I am out of breath easily. Other days I feel super good. Is this common? This never crossed my mind until today.

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited May 2019
    When was the last time you had blood work done? Especially thyroid and iron levels?
  • Femilaxx1xo
    Femilaxx1xo Posts: 66 Member
    When was the last time you had blood work done? Especially thyroid and iron levels?

Lol like never
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited May 2019
    I have days in the gym that just suck, and there's no obvious reason. It isn't often but it happens.

If you are female, does it correspond to a certain portion of your menstrual cycle?
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    I have days like that. It could be a multitude of things for me. Sometimes I'm dehydrated and don't realize, sometimes it's a bad night's sleep. Sometimes something is weighing on my mind and the tension wears me out before I even start.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    stress, lack of sleep, lack of carbs.. maybe not even enough water
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Yup, not frequent, but it happens.

I will get a day where my warm up sets and 1 working set is all I can do, other days, as equally infrequent, I think I can conquer the world. I just roll with the punches.

If I have a prolonged period, a week+, I start looking at my calorie intake and macro split. That hasn’t happened, yet, this year, but there again, I’m working a lot more on bodyweight, as opposed to lifting heavy things, right now.

I have to read more on perceived exertion.

Cheers, h.
  • Femilaxx1xo
    I have days in the gym that just suck, and there's no obvious reason. It isn't often but it happens.

If you are female, does it correspond to a certain portion of your menstrual cycle?

Yeah samee!!!! Maybe. I think it’s because I dnt eat enough on some days. Thanks! x
  • Femilaxx1xo
    I have days like that. It could be a multitude of things for me. Sometimes I'm dehydrated and don't realize, sometimes it's a bad night's sleep. Sometimes something is weighing on my mind and the tension wears me out before I even start.

Oh yeah. Thanks! x Our bodies are so weird but awesome at the same time. When I was a kid, I didn’t take these things srsly but now I am so into healthy living and I wonder these things.
  • Femilaxx1xo
    stress, lack of sleep, lack of carbs.. maybe not even enough water

Yes. Thank you x
  • Femilaxx1xo
    Yup, not frequent, but it happens.

I will get a day where my warm up sets and 1 working set is all I can do, other days, as equally infrequent, I think I can conquer the world. I just roll with the punches.

If I have a prolonged period, a week+, I start looking at my calorie intake and macro split. That hasn’t happened, yet, this year, but there again, I’m working a lot more on bodyweight, as opposed to lifting heavy things, right now.

I have to read more on perceived exertion.

Cheers, h.

Omg I know right!!! I am the same. Atm I’m cutting so maybe that’s why I kinda feel tired some days when sparring. Thanks! x
  • KNoceros
    KNoceros Posts: 324 Member
    Are you the same person who posted 2 days ago who was getting <500 steps a day?
    Just wondering how the two activity levels go together?
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    edited May 2019

Yes, it is.
    I didn't comment in the other thread, but I am curious too.

ETA: one thread says Uni student, another says all day desk job...
  • Femilaxx1xo
    edited May 2019

Yep, I go by car to the kickboxing.
  • Femilaxx1xo

Yes, it is.
    I didn't comment in the other thread, but I am curious too.

ETA: one thread says Uni student, another says all day desk job...

I’m a uni student. My uncle owns the kickboxing studio. I sometimes work there as a receptionist type person.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member

Yeah samee!!!! Maybe. I think it’s because I dnt eat enough on some days. Thanks! x

Yeah, that could do it. Stop not eating enough on some days and then trying to kick box.
  • Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 463 Member
    As you are female try to see if it is linked to your menstrual cycle.