I need some friends for motivation

Options
Hi there,

I have just joined the MFP family but don't have many family members yet:) I am not sure if I just add randomly but if anyone is in the same boat it would be lovely to hear from you.

Replies

• Ladypuma
    Ladypuma Posts: 14
    Options
    I totally understand! I too am in the same boat with no one to help modivate me. Thats why I joined the site with hope to maybe get my butt in gear and work out. :)
  • t2cheep0
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm not sure what MFP family is, lol. But I definitely need some friends to help motivate me. I am looking to start some kind of a support group so we can support each other.

I have never posted before, so I'm hoping to find someone in the same boat as me! :)
  • PaulaButHag
    Options
    Feel free to add me and my sister, roxiegirl123.
  • ConnieSG
    ConnieSG Posts: 376
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! Please feel free to add me
  • jcbernahl
    jcbernahl Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! It's great to have others for inspiration and motivation.
  • danceteam17
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well guys! We all need motivation every once in a while! I also like posting tips every once in a while too!
  • lionsaults
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I haven't really added many people on here either. (:
  • katie2blonde
    katie2blonde Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I have been having the same problem on this site, I've been using it for almost 3 months now, and the only person I could get to join was my mom! So I could use a few more friends, and btw since I've been using MFP, I've already lost 10 lbs but it really does take eating right and a lot of exercise. I'm also getting ready for my own wedding next July and I want to be in the best shape of my life :) Don't feel bad about the extra pounds, I just heard a statistic on the radio the other day that said women gain a lot of weight typically after getting married and men only gain weight after getting divorced. What doesn't help me is the fact that my fiance is 6'0" and 145 lbs, with a crazy metabolism so he can eat whatever, whenever which makes it hard for me to say no to snacking. And they say guys tend to lose weight quicker than us ladies, so just get started and don't give up! This website is really great! :)
  • traceybarbour
    traceybarbour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    anyone can add me.. I take all friends. I feel like this battle with my weight is a war and my MFP family is my troop.. I am always recruiting!!
  • lpkitty
    lpkitty Posts: 45
    Options
    feel free to add me too, MFP friends are so supportive, I couldn't do this without their encouragement.
  • ClassicGirl79
    ClassicGirl79 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Me too! Same boat, same plank. I'm hesitant to invite friends or family (I'm the only one with a significant weight problem, which is less motivational than it is depressing!), and I'm hoping to make new friends here who are on the same page that I am. If anyone's feeling friendly, I'd love to be added! :-)
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    same here. Add me as well. I will send you an invite. Everybody needs friends. Especially in this kind of battle.
  • sallya23
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am feeling much more supported already.